• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spouse is optional...I didn't bring mine. Set your 401K at 10% so you get the full 9.3% match. Do Pilot Mutual Aid...once you opt out you can't get back in. Don't do the life insurance...if you get sick, it drops after you drop off the rolls and your family gets nothing. AD&D is a good deal. Choice Plus medical if you have a family and you use medical/RX coverage....it's in the high 200's/month now. Dental is good. We do vision insurance but never use it so it's probably a waste. Don't study ahead...it's an airliner with gear, flaps, engines and wheels...no big deal.

Could you clarify that a bit? Are you saying if you medical out you lose your life insurance?

SLC
:cool:

Seriously Ty you are reeeeeally reaching with that one. I almost forget Airtran is better than Southwest until you come along. Again you provided NO useful information.

Read the thread. Ty was trying for a little levity. You are being an ***hole.

Could you clarify that a bit? Are you saying if you medical out you lose your life insurance?

SLC
:cool:

My understanding is if you medical out the premiums would be so expensive it would not be worth it. I don't mind the insurance if something should happen to me unexpectedly but I am looking for another plan to cover me if I do go out on medical.

My understanding is if you medical out the premiums would be so expensive it would not be worth it. I don't mind the insurance if something should happen to me unexpectedly but I am looking for another plan to cover me if I do go out on medical.

Obamacare?

SWA offers life and AD&D. You have the option to purchase these items at different amounts every year during annual enrollment. The life insurance is a good deal if you.....well.......go quickly. Like within the year. If you get a long term illness, when the new enrollment period comes around you will have the option to continue on the SWA life insurance at a very high rate. So, many will tell you to shop elsewhere for your life insurance needs. I believe SWAPA has a plan that they worked through an insurance company but I don't use that one.

So i'm off to Dallas for training. Can anyone give me a good idea of what to expect? I am coming from the Airtran side. What is the schedule like? What monthly guarantee do training pilots get? Does the spouse still come for the first few days? Just all the good info please. Please don't spin off into the AirTran vs Southwest crap, not interested in that stuff. Thanks

A spare liver would have been helpful.:D

Regarding the bar tab, the beer is free from 5 - 6 p.m. and there are free horse duvers until 7 p.m. Don't forget to tip, please. The gals are great and provide great free beer service.

This is at the Wyndham.

slug

Your going through what every other SWA pilot went through...sans probation And a 10k bill for a type...

Let's throttle back a bit...not every SWA Pilot paid 10k for a type....a whole bunch of us got a type from a former employer. Some even worked in the Tng Ctr as Instructors and were given the type as part of becoming an Instructor....

There has never been a requirement to buy a type to be hired or interviewed by SWA. The only requirement was to have a type.

Buying a 737 type was a choice that many made based on their own wants or desires for their futures...but it was a choice they made for themselves.

Latest resources

Back