• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA van makes round trips from training center to DAL airport and GO. Hotel van makes runs to training center and DAL airport. There are shuttle from DAL to DFW. Once class gets settled have the leader speak with the instructors scheduled on Friday to look into the possibility of starting early and working through lunch. That should get you out of there by 1430. Makes for a better chance of a commute. Training center facilities are excellent. FRH is not that detailed. Download the AOM from Airtran to have for reference material. Excellent videos on systems on the training page on SWALIFE. You will become very proficient with the O2 mask. Seems like everything is for sale from another SWA pilot who has a second business. Window shades, luggage, study material, profiles, lunch boxes, 737 systems, day-glo socks.......
Don't worry about signing up for anything.... the union takes the liberty of reaching into your paycheck for everything..... you must opt out. Payroll is confusing for SWA. They don't understand that Airtran paid in arrears. Every class has a problem and every class they have to figure it all out again. The easiest is if you were to start class on the first of the month, every other start date will be more difficult.
Don't forget..... if you flew a complete schedule the month prior and then traveled to DAL to start on the first you are owed a travel day of pay. Or you can pick up a trip that they will have to drop to squeeze a bit more out of your Airtran pay.

Enterprise rental car center is across the street from hotel (Wyndham), out of area dudes can rent a car together at a weekly rate, well, worth it, for a couple of weeks anyway...

You can go into the "SWAlife" (after you set it up)web site and under travel look for industry deals and it shows car rentals and the prices are very good especially for weekends. There is also the DART line close to the hotel "Inwood/Love field 5 minutes form the hotel on Inwood Rd and Denton Dr.

When I was a newhire, half the class went to Miami for training. We got rental cars.

We only got $33.50/hr, but dammit, we had wheels, baby!!
:D

Seriously Ty you are reeeeeally reaching with that one. I almost forget Airtran is better than Southwest until you come along. Again you provided NO useful information.

Seriously Ty you are reeeeeally reaching with that one. I almost forget Airtran is better than Southwest until you come along. Again you provided NO useful information.

Sure I did, a-hole. Someone said no airline provides rental cars during training. Fact is, Airtran did. If you don't like my posts, don't read them.... and if you have a deeper issue with me, and I'm starting to think you do, pm me your number and you can tell me all about it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back