Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest to get new RJ Partner in 2009!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's just that time of the season when some people do a little WISHFUL Thinking. Our union has done a pretty job of keeping us up today on the contract talks. To date I have not heard anything about RJ's..........and don't expect to. But is still ok to believe in Santa.

I've heard it, and that this was the section of the TA's codeshare portion of the Section 6 that GK wanted to renegotiate.

I've heard it, and that this was the section of the TA's codeshare portion of the Section 6 that GK wanted to renegotiate.

It's not section 6, it's section 1. And it wasn't about RJ's. It was about selling a code share ticket that didn't fly a leg on a SWA airplane. ie, he wants to sell a ticket from Canada to Mexico on a WestJet to Volaris connection.

It's not section 6, it's section 1. And it wasn't about RJ's. It was about selling a code share ticket that didn't fly a leg on a SWA airplane. ie, he wants to sell a ticket from Canada to Mexico on a WestJet to Volaris connection.

So which is worse?.....Selling a SWA ticket on a WestJet or Mexican carrier flying 737s...or a connection on a regional out of Des Moines or Pasco?

I'd say the WestJet deal is ok, they're a known product, and we're working closely with them on other (non code share) projects. I think the quality is up to SWA standards.

I don't think we can say the same about a 2 year old Mexican start up (flying Airbuses btw, not 737's) or an RJ provider.

And now that the company has reopend section 1, I'd be very, VERY surprised if the SWA pilots agree to any RJs at all, unless we do the flying.

I'd say the WestJet deal is ok, they're a known product, and we're working closely with them on other (non code share) projects. I think the quality is up to SWA standards.

I don't think we can say the same about a 2 year old Mexican start up (flying Airbuses btw, not 737's) or an RJ provider.

And now that the company has reopend section 1, I'd be very, VERY surprised if the SWA pilots agree to any RJs at all, unless we do the flying.

So it's OK to outsource flying to non-SWA pilots out of YVC and YYZ....but not DSM or other cities that can't be supported with a SWA 737....Where's the logic there? Many of the WestJet cities are large enough to support SWA 737s....The cities that would be supported by RJs aren't big enough to support SWA 737s.....I don't see the logic....

None of it's okay, really. It isn't only the matter of brand degradation, but the freedom that it gives the company to renegotiate outside of the SWA seniority list. What do we do once the genie is out of the bottle? You can't put it back. Didn't Mullin tell the DAL guys that a deal's a deal?

You cannot award one codeshare and then say another one is bad. They are either all good or all bad......right?

So Joe, you pickin on the fat kid, now?

bad. They are either all good or all bad......right?

So Joe, you pickin on the fat kid, now?

....from one Nathan's loving fat kid to another...you betcha....:beer:

Just 50-seaters. I hope the SWA pilots do not cave on scope, but from what I am hearing it is already a done deal. Didn't the SW union send something out about allowing RJ Codeshare?

Latest resources

Back