Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest to get new RJ Partner in 2009!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd say the WestJet deal is ok, they're a known product, and we're working closely with them on other (non code share) projects. I think the quality is up to SWA standards.

I don't think we can say the same about a 2 year old Mexican start up (flying Airbuses btw, not 737's) or an RJ provider.

Could you elaborate on that standard of "quality"?

Remember the episode of AILRLINE where the two SWA agents were hustling the older couple between terminals to a connection on Korean Airlines? They were both nearly in cardiac arrest and I think they thought they were being abducted. One of the SWA hottie types kept screaming into a radio the play by play as though this were the most complex endeavor feat ever attempted in commercial aviation.

Is that what you're talking about? Because that's not what I've seen in Mexico or anywhere else in any country you might call third world.

I'd love for SWA to get to start doing some international flying. I'd like for you to see how nice it is. I'd especially like to be there at the moment the SWA collective figures out why US domestic sucks so bad.

codeshare vs outsourcing for WN

Isn't the Westjet and the Mexico thing more about the fact that WN is not a flag carrier yet, and they need the codeshare so they can feed the traffic between the res/ticketing systems to cities outside the USA?

I personally was hoping ATA could have hung on long enough, but, oh well....

hopefully the WN crews can be unified enough to draw the line in the sand.

Good Luck to ya'll

Are you the same Pinnacle guy that told me you fly the "9"? When I said that I didn't know that Pinnacle had DC-9s you said you meant the CRJ900.
If it is you, again my congrats on moving on up to the heavy iron. If Pinnacle gets the CRJ1000 to fly for SWA then you can say you fly the "10".....awesome dude!

CRJ900, DC9, B717, B737 they're all RJ's if you define them by their range using the CRJ 900 and 700 as measuring sticks. It seems manufacturers call more and more planes "RJ's" so they can use the terminology as an excuse to pay crews less. Pretty soon the 737 will be the BRJ.

I personally was hoping ATA could have hung on long enough, but, oh well....

Good Luck to ya'll

If you think that anything that happened at ATA under the puppet regime of Dennison was even one minute off of the schedule WN wanted, you haven't been paying attention.

Could you elaborate on that standard of "quality"?

Remember the episode of AILRLINE where the two SWA agents were hustling the older couple between terminals to a connection on Korean Airlines? They were both nearly in cardiac arrest and I think they thought they were being abducted. One of the SWA hottie types kept screaming into a radio the play by play as though this were the most complex endeavor feat ever attempted in commercial aviation.

Is that what you're talking about? Because that's not what I've seen in Mexico or anywhere else in any country you might call third world.

I'd love for SWA to get to start doing some international flying. I'd like for you to see how nice it is. I'd especially like to be there at the moment the SWA collective figures out why US domestic sucks so bad.

So I guess the "SWA people sucked because they were trying to connect people to another airline?" SWA must have terminated that code-share. We hate people trying to help other people get where they're going.

Latest resources

Back