Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest to get new RJ Partner in 2009!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Say it ain't so. I thought this road was paved already. Don't do it SWA.

Yeah, this rumor was going around at Expressjet about 2 - 3 years ago. Rumor was they wanted us to code share because of our Mexico certificate. I call Bulls#1t.

The cities that would be supported by RJs aren't big enough to support SWA 737s.....I don't see the logic....

Be careful, that is the same logic that got the legacies in trouble in the 90s.

Loopholes will be found. As soon as the cat is out of the bag, all bets are off.

Okay, I'll bite a bit on this one. I heard that SWA is in negotiations to buy (merge/takeover/whatever) SkyWest. That way, the RJs are on the SWA property and flown by SWA pilots.

I know, it sounds rediculous, but I'm sure that's the only way SWA will get any RJs doing the intra-Texas routes.

Or, I should say, that's the only way they should have RJs doing SWA flying.

Who knows? We've got nearly a Bil in the bank...that's probably attractive to someone. Whatever.

SWA pilots have zero codeshare protection thanks to Gary Kelly going back on his promise to abide by the TA. They want the section reopened, so now NO protection exists. They can do what they want when they want. Here comes the RJ and here comes all the codeshare outsourcing to third world countries.

I think the quality is up to SWA standards.

[/quote]

What part? The passing out peanuts part, lame FA pa's, or the cattle car boarding process? What do they need to work on?

Esprit

I worked for Chicago Express from 2001-05.
When ATA sold 93% of it's assets to SWA, Chicago Express VP of Ops and President were trying to sell us to SWA, so we could continue to feed someone at MDW.
We had 17 Saab340's (with 32 seats) and brought over 125,000 pax to MDW per month.
SWA said to our President said "We're SWA, we feed ourselves."...which you can't disagree with.
I highly doubt SWA has changed their mind and decided to reach out to a regional carrier.

Latest resources

Back