• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest to buy AirTran...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not long ago some Citrus guys were saying the same thing about Midwest.
yeah,but nobody here ever talked about stappling Midwest guys to the bottom of our list.
A SW guys that i know ,asked me if i heard of SW buying AT because he was tired of being an FO!!!
I told him to go FK himself
just stay away!!!!

yeah,but nobody here ever talked about stappling Midwest guys to the bottom of our list.
A SW guys that i know ,asked me if i heard of SW buying AT because he was tired of being an FO!!!
I told him to go FK himself
just stay away!!!!

That's right... It would mean faster upgrades for a good number of SWA F/Os wouldn't it? Hadn't given much thought to that side of the equation.

Not to wish anything on the AAI guys, but their group is much more junior than the LUV group.

Ok I guess I am an oddball but my resume includes all three airlines in question.

While being on the furloughed list at ATA I was offered a position at Airtran. With a family to feed I was not going to wait for the actual job loss, I left for Airtran. Since I resigned ATA I lost my right for a preferential interviw. In reality only a few got hired out of about 70 or so.

At Airtran I noticed quited a number of former ATA pilots coming over. So from what I saw first hand Airtran did initially hire more form ATA than SWA.

No here is the kicker, not very many, heck I can't think of one, actually liked working for Airtran. Once again not the pilot group here, just management and company culture. One former ATA pilot just flat out quit. And of course yours truly made it to SWA eventually.

So, you can argue who hired more but in the end it is nothing but a pot to piss in.

I really doubt we will see this happen, but if we do join forces I will be happy to see alot of the guys I flew with or hung out with at the Trannie.

Good luck to all of us.

Bigeasy

PCL, you are dreaming if you think that true brotherhood exists! Sure we all wish the best for our fellow aviators, but you show me one pilot group that is going to sacrifice to help out another group. It aint gonna happen.

Hi!

For all the guys that think SWA/AirTran won't happen:

It might not, but for sure SWA and CAL WILL merge with someone.

Both CEOs said that neither SWA or CAL WANT to merge, but if any other airlines merge, they will be FORCED to merge (I'm assuming becauase they would be to small to compete on their own.).

DAL/NWA will happen (my guess is 99% probability). If it doesn't, then some other merger will happen, which will trigger CAL/SWA to find merger partners.

The railroad industry had many more times the number of railroads in the US than the airline industry did, and now they're down to, basically, 4 giant railroads in the US, and only 5 in N. America. The airlines will follow.

I was wondering how an AirTran/Midwest/Frontier merger would work, and they could even add Alaska to that mix-it would be a pretty good route structure?

It will be a VERY interesting 6-12 months!!!

cliff
YIP
PS-I haven't applied at UAL, but, if they merge, I would apply with them immediately. I think the new management could do a lot with UAL-the current management has no plan, other than to merge.

Latest resources

Back