Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest slam clicks- c'mon captains....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for that. I am going off thread topic here but I am really more interested in your current section 6. How are negotiations going? You've been at it for 2-3 years? Close to end game? Management playing hard ball? Pilots satisfied with pace of negotiations? At my own carrier we are not at all happy with negotiations and especially management's stance on several key issues. Been at it for over three years. Things starting to heat up as pilots' patience is at an end. Wish the best for you guys but I think that SWAPA will have to experience a real sea change to get any traction. Perhaps this is where the "disgruntled" AT pilots may be a real asset in your struggle to improve your CBA. You are probably going to have to inflict some "pain" on SWA before you get any positive movement. That's something I don't think SWAPA knows how to do. Regards,
Fr8doggie
On the parts in bold I completely agree. We have fundamentally changed our list. There is certainly a portion of our original list that are yes voters no matter what, the reasons are varied from; I don't have a lot of time left and I'll agree to any small improvement in order to get mine before I retire, to those that want to never be confrontational in order to preserve the era of a "constructive relationship" with management.

Those recently added will easily drown out the automatic yes votes. I think most former AT folks will not be easily swayed to a yes vote on practically anything. Management will take a while to understand how the recent additions to the list will change the dynamics of negotiations, but in time it will become evident.

Fr8- I think most of us on the line are in a patient mode

There are 5 major projects being finished in 2015, plus new international terminals in 3 cities coast to coast in a few years after-
Our leverage will be better then, and most don't mind sitting on the best contract and making gains a year later

JMO

I'm curious why you think that your leverage will be better then. These events that you discuss do not generate leverage.

FE's testimony would make you sick. I've read all of it and it's no wonder why we're in the situation we find ourselves in. He and the MC were in way over their heads and instead of admitting to it and getting help, they continued to prod along and get their asses handed to them.

Do you have a link to that testimony?

I think Wave is talking about more revenue leading to a better negotiating environment. You could pretty much discount everything he mentioned and quarter profits are going higher and higher. Management floating 'flattish' at the beginning of negotiations has become more and more laughable. All you need to do is review the last 2-3 quarterly reports. The Annual report is eye opening.

I think Wave is talking about more revenue leading to a better negotiating environment. You could pretty much discount everything he mentioned and quarter profits are going higher and higher. Management floating 'flattish' at the beginning of negotiations has become more and more laughable. All you need to do is review the last 2-3 quarterly reports. The Annual report is eye opening.

That's great but what is SWAPA going to do to convince a recalcitrant management to agree to the CBA enhancements you are seeking? You can say 'flattish' is laughable but you are going to have to bring the pain to get what you want.

You either have to pay to download it from the public records or get it from someone who has access. I've heard rumors that someone is going to make all of it freely available on a web site, though. It's very eye opening. Especially VdV's testimony.

I think Wave is talking about more revenue leading to a better negotiating environment.

Irrelevant. That just means that there is money available to be bargained for. It doesn't mean that you have the leverage to get it. Where is the leverage going to come from? Because unless management needs something from you, you're going to have to generate leverage on your own.

I'm curious why you think that your leverage will be better then. These events that you discuss do not generate leverage.

We'll have a better idea of the real long term plans, and delta will have leapfrogged us in regards to pay after already having better retirement. The other legacies will be closer to us for same size airplanes as well, if not exceed.

Pattern bargaining.

Latest resources

Back