Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
huh??????

zonker said:
This B737Dvr pud is nothing more than a management/day trader flunkie popping in for the really clever tactical manuever. Lowering expectations, I think it's called.

"Less for you = more for me."

This guy's a genius. Or another troll.

What clever tactical manuever can I or anyone hope to achieve by posting on an internet website?
how can expectations get lowered by anyone on here?

i am both a genius and a troll....it's called being human...right in the middle!

(you know what?....for a second I almost thought of starting a "why a B737 is better than an A320" topic.....just to mess with you and get you Bus guys all riled up.......but I'm too tired to get beat up on that one) LOL!

I enjoy posting with you guys......let's remember...it's just an internet board here.

Increasing fares as necessary on markets that can support it....EVERY FARE HIKE SOUTHWEST HAS IMPOSED HAS STUCK..

WE CONTROL the price of airfares (in our markets) - thats powerful, baby!!

B737Dvr said:
But if i was a SWA pilot or employee for that matter, I would start banking money instead of buying the beach home or boat or whatever, cause when the fuel hedges run out,

You mean the hedges do run out? The company is not constantly looking to improve our hedge position?

What do you know that we don't?

Tejas

chase said:
The following are based upon some assumptions...every business plan has them & so do my following thoughts:

9. Alternate Jet A fuels....AF is already testing alternatives to Jet A that will lower costs to the military for jet fuel...if they are doing it, it may not be too long before it comes to civilians...again our size will allow significant savings to us by sheer size. Coal to liquids is the deal that is the most viable and David Neeleman is a big proponent. In a recent interview from Fortune Magazine: Are you thinking about alternative fuel? We are. We can't burn ethanol on airplanes, but you can make jet fuel from coal. We've conceived some legislation, which has to do with just that. You can make this stuff for $35 to $38 a barrel. The downside is that it takes a huge amount of capital to build $6 billion plants. Nobody wants to build it and have the price of oil go below $35. So the legislation basically says you get compensation for your capital if the price goes from $38 down to $18. It's a no-risk thing for the government. With 70 plants, we could generate about 45% of our imported oil equivalent.

One of the largest coal producers in the US just inked a deal with a company that has the tech to build these plants. 33 of them by 2015, where they can sell Jet Fuel way below market. Stay tuned.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=129849&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=883203&highlight=#splash

10. Possible new aircraft on the horizon...deriviative of the 787 in a 737 size, or smaller aircraft to smaller markets using a SWA business model (tougher nut to crack...will need to be looked at very hard by both management & pilot group)...either one of these could add efficiency to the system, i.e. 737 replacement with improved efficiency & productivity & lower costs; watch & listen to all of the headaches of JB & the 190 saga...learn from that & improve on it...it would be quite ironic that JB would show SWA how to make a better mousetrap after SWA was the model (with some improvements some would say) for JB....that would be truly ironic. Well, well. Nice way to skip around an E-jet order. Incidently, the headaches were minor. It comes with the territory when you're the launch customer, but Jetblue, US Airways, DL & NWA will have the E-jets operating long before SWA even gets a sniff. Production slots are tight unless Embraer is able to ramp up production to meet the demand (it's possible if the 50 seat line shuts down). I figure it will take SWA 2 years to get it past SWAPA (pay rates & scope), and probably 2010 or 11 before they see their first E-jet, but like I have been saying since 2003.....it will happen.;)

:pimp:

F/O Once upon a time when you were probably in elementary school I attended a meeting with Herb where he was talking about the state of the industry. THAT year we had the 2nd highest profit margin in the industry. 2nd only to Frontier. That was the old Frontier (that you probably do not even remember). My point is quit being such a smug asshole. Nobody likes to hear about how GREAT we are. It is people like you and attitudes like yours that WILL lead to our demise. A little humility goes a long way pal. I am happy for you to have been able to hop on the magic carpet for a ride on OUR coat tails. It is NOTHING that YOU did to lay the foundation and I for one would like the ride to continue for a while. If you want to toot your horn take it to the SWAPA site.

Skybus said:
F/O Once upon a time when you were probably in elementary school I attended a meeting with Herb where he was talking about the state of the industry. THAT year we had the 2nd highest profit margin in the industry. 2nd only to Frontier. That was the old Frontier (that you probably do not even remember). My point is quit being such a smug asshole. Nobody likes to hear about how GREAT we are. It is people like you and attitudes like yours that WILL lead to our demise. A little humility goes a long way pal. I am happy for you to have been able to hop on the magic carpet for a ride on OUR coat tails. It is NOTHING that YOU did to lay the foundation and I for one would like the ride to continue for a while. If you want to toot your horn take it to the SWAPA site.
Dude, it's a web board. They are having fun. Chill out and retire already.

You crusty guys are getting annoying with all the, "back when Herb...." Yeah, Yeah, we get it. It was great then and blah...blah...blah...

Let's all reminisce to our demise like all you 50+ guys would like.

It's time for change as GK states everyday to the troops. If we keep looking back we're dead.

And you can stop telling new guys they are riding YOUR coat tails and make them feel like outsiders. Good job, jerk. Doesn't seem to me you did anything but fly an airplane around TX. Did you formulate any business plans? Did you market the airline or did you just fly an airplane around TX to the point where all you TX 50+ guys can't slow a -700 down to save your ass. Nor can you figure out how to program a ridiculously easy FMS. Oh wait, you're going to say, "Back in the -200..." Guess what? No one cares about the -200 and how you once flew it completely unsafe. Keep up with the times already. Look forward as GK does.

It's not your company anymore. Your almost done and with attitudes like yours it's more than welcome you leave early.

Last edited:
B737Dvr said:
They earned 87% year over year this quarter and their 2.45 Billion represents a 26% increase in revenue. They also have good LF's at 78%, but what i find curious is that their Q2 fuel costs are 39% higher yoy and their profit sharing costs have risen 63% yoy. Their expected fuel bill for Q3 is projected to be higher than Q3 05' and Q2 of 06'.

In addition, also eating away at revenue is the discounting that WN gives through credit cards, which increased 22% yoy. (this is like the homebuilders having to increase incentives to homebuyers to keep meeting homesale figures, but at the cost of revenue per unit sold).

Guys, learn to read the financial reports and tables and not what a CEO says on a press report. ....

You are the one who needs to learn how to read a financial report.

Profits up 78%...profit sharing up 63%!! More profit=more profit sharing
Revenue up 26% . . . . .Credit card incentives up 22%!!! More revenue=more credit card charges!!!

It only follows that as a company grows they will spend more $$$$. It's actually more like a homebuilder complaining that a 5 acre lot costs twice as much as a 2 acre lot!!!

B737Dvr said:
Simple economics (pal). I am just saying what is already public knowledge that SWA will have been in the red without their fuel hedges.

If you would actually read the financial reports you would see that even without the fuel hedges SWA would still have made a $273 Million Dollar profit.

Last edited:
Dangerkitty said:
If you would actually read the financial reports you would see that even without the fuel hedges SWA would still have made a $273 Million Dollar profit.
Wrong.

The $273M. includes non GAAP numbers that include past and future derivative transactions that are not accepted as GAAP for this Quarter.

:pimp:

7S3W7A said:
Dude, it's a web board. They are having fun. Chill out and retire already.

You crusty guys are getting annoying with all the, "back when Herb...." Yeah, Yeah, we get it. It was great then and blah...blah...blah...

Let's all reminisce to our demise like all you 50+ guys would like.

It's time for change as GK states everyday to the troops. If we keep looking back we're dead.

And you can stop telling new guys they are riding YOUR coat tails and make them feel like outsiders. Good job, jerk. Doesn't seem to me you did anything but fly an airplane around TX. Did you formulate any business plans? Did you market the airline or did you just fly an airplane around TX to the point where all you TX 50+ guys can't slow a -700 down to save your ass. Nor can you figure out how to program a ridiculously easy FMS. Oh wait, you're going to say, "Back in the -200..." Guess what? No one cares about the -200 and how you once flew it completely unsafe. Keep up with the times already. Look forward as GK does.

It's not your company anymore. Your almost done and with attitudes like yours it's more than welcome you leave early.

Lokks like you will be a joy to fly with when you upgrade.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back