Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWA/FO

5 Star Senior Member
PROFIT BABY!!!!! 333 million!. You all gota start crying and call me names? Check the AA numbers & thread.

:beer:

Great work WN!

SWA/FO said:
PROFIT BABY!!!!! 333 million!. You all gota start crying and call me names? Check the AA numbers & thread.

Great work WN!

Do we expect anything less? Keep up the good work!

SWA/FO said:

Great work WN!
Yes the final fare raises are returning the other airlines to prfoitablity as well. Lets keep em coming up so we can get our money back.

upon further review...it looks as if its 273 million... due to some accounting rules etc... Still awesome.

Press interview is still playing. Interesting numbers, etc. Plus one extra delivery this year.
Nice to be part of a company making a profit for a change. Job well done SWA.
Funny though, I did not hear Gary or Laura mention our rivas UPS and FedEx?

Last edited:
FreightNazi said:
Pocket change compared to what UPS will post next week!

Yes.. and FDX too!

And again.. Congrats to the great folks at SWA that make all of this happen for the company. We all applaud you.

remember the tide guys......

It's great to hear about the continued profits at SWA! and yes as fares continue to rise (which is what was needed years ago!) the majors will now start to see better financials, maybe not profits, but much better financials.
But if i was a SWA pilot or employee for that matter, I would start banking money instead of buying the beach home or boat or whatever, cause when the fuel hedges run out, losses are guaranteed when their price of fuel increases by over 115%, combine that with their pilots and Fa's getting industry leading pay, and well its just a matter of time before gary and colleen go to labor and talk concessions! in the meanwhile though, congrats on the continued profitability!

B737Dvr said:
..and well its just a matter of time before gary and colleen go to labor and talk concessions!

This is the Majors Board, the Jackass Board is 4 screens back.:puke:

oooooooo......touched a nerve there!

Yeah, hurts doesn't it? Simple economics (pal). I am just saying what is already public knowledge that SWA will have been in the red without their fuel hedges. I just know how painful it can be to face financial troubles and was just saying that I hope the WN people can look a couple of years ahead and plan accordingly, instead of splurging away their industry leading pay. Perhaps this was unsolicited advice, but was also an indirect reminder of what the future balance sheets will cause Wn's mngmnt to look at....labor real high pay! If that touched a nerve, then i dont apologize for it and neither will the 10,000 other pilots who's nerves and much much more have been touched already!
thanks for your "quick post"...it made me laugh!

Latest resources

Back