• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest "Poolie" calls are going out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Honest question here... what does the Colgan crash have to do with hiring at SWA?

Doing a thorough background check and taking into consideration, more than before, failed/busted checkrides in light of the failures of the Colgan CA make it more imperative than ever to hire pilots who have not stubbed their toes. In the past multiple transgressions may have been acceptable, in today's environment they are grounds for questioning the hiring practices of airlines that do.

Doing a thorough background check and taking into consideration, more than before, failed/busted checkrides in light of the failures of the Colgan CA make it more imperative than ever to hire pilots who have not stubbed their toes. In the past multiple transgressions may have been acceptable, in today's environment they are grounds for questioning the hiring practices of airlines that do.

What he said. In fact, I think it bit a couple of the guys who didn't make it past the "re-interview".

It is affecting all companies, and if not, I wouldn't like to be that company's lawyer when the lawsuits begin in the next crash.

Thanks guys for the answers. I haven't failed a checkride since my CFI. But it's been 5 years and counting since I failed my first SWA interview. patience... patience...

Latest resources

Back