Southwest Plans Mexico Codeshare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Waitin-

PHL doesn't work for 30-minute turns either but we went there. Our model has been slowly changing the last several years. If someone can fly into a Mexican city and make money doing it then we can too.

It's dragged gerbil boy. D-R-A-G-G-E-D. dragged. Now go make happy time.

I was wundering if you had fownd a new job, guess this answers my kwestion. Flightinfo.com spell/grammar checker. Course now, you won't have time to prowl the children's playgrounds.

Esprit

Last edited:
We blaze a trail and learn the ins and outs of int'l flying on someone else's coat-tail, and then do it ourselves. It is VERY expensive to open up a city. I believe it's a cheap way to explore intl ops.

It isn't a bloody moon mission. I think y'all could figure it out. I mean miserable little Great Lakes flew Mexico for a while. Your line of reasoning is odd.

"Does anyone think that mgmt's M.O. is to piss-off all of us? They know we control the fuel and effenciency. They would be fools to screw with 6000 pilots that fly 950 hrs a year."

You control.....NOTHING.

Don't overestimate your importance. ( and learn to spell. )

YKMKR

It's all about internal vs. external locust of control.

By the time someone reaches my age, the window of "learning to spell" has come and gone. I am forever stuck in mediocrity.
Please feel free to put me on your ignore list.

Last edited:
Here's what planebuzz.com had to say about it:
Southwest Airlines Announces Codeshare And Some Pilots Are Not Happy

But wait just a minute.

Who stands to lose potential flying if the airline goes ahead with this codeshare agreement, as well as the agreement already announced with WestJet?

That's right. Southwest Airlines' pilots.

Today the PlaneBusiness email box has received more than a fistful of emails from Southwest pilots who are not happy campers. To say that this is an unusual occurrence would be a hefty understatement.

Here is an excerpt from one of the longer notes:

"In really simple terms, and feel free to use it (just don’t credit me, a bit of a witch hunt going on here), it should not be called Code Sharing, but Outsourcing.

[Southwest CEO] Kelly and SWAPA negotiated a codeshare (outsourcing) agreement in the new contract during the initial current negotiations. This was about a year ago. He stated publicly that even though it had not been voted on, that he would honor that agreement. He has since come back to our negotiators and said he wants to re-negotiate that portion of the new contract. Meanwhile, he is doing all the codesharing (outsourcing) he can while he “slow rolls” our contract negotiations.
WestJet has announced 15% growth after our agreement with them.
Volaris says they will double in size.
Kelly cut 6% of our flying.
Now the rumor is that Republic is negotiating with Kelly to take over our short haul intra-Texas flying.
I am a 20+ year guy and am really disgusted with what is going on here. I spent several years at a Lorenzo airline and am seeing parallels that I thought would never happen here. The line employees realize they are just numbers to Kelly."

Last edited:
I posted this on the other SWA thread...

Having flown a bit in Mexico, I think we need to keep in mind that those stops wouldn't all fit into the present SWA business model. There are not many places were you will get a 30 min or less turn. Things just don't happen that way.
Don't yell Philly, because alot of times you do get a decent turn there (and sometimes you don't), but I don't see ANY short turns in Cabo, Mazatlan, etc...
How will that fit?

No flame, just something to keep in mind.

Simple. If you're making the coin on the flights you schedule 1 hour turns. Or whatever they need to be. And please. Look at your trip sheet. Notice the amount of 35 minute turns? They are all over the place and this is WITH the company bragging about us pushing early.

Gup

Latest resources

Back