• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Plane Collides With JetBlue Plane At Logan Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can't play sports with most of the pilots... Too old lol....even tho I feel as old as crap. I guess I should've said that based on some of the conversations I've had with ground ops people that they could receive better training. They are just thrown out there and hope for the best. There are some things that can get you hurt on the ramp or you can hurt the plane and the people on it.

ATC error? Really? Can you imagine ANY scenario that could be blamed on ATC??? Just wondering...

Yeah...like ATC told them to push back, after clearing another aircraft to taxi by at the same time....ATC error.

We were told by Ground to taxi to a taxiway and cross the runway on that taxiway in STL. When we got there, another aircraft was directed by Tower to taxi off that same runway, onto that same taxiway, and onto our taxiway. If we all followed ATC instructions, it would have been a fireball in the middle of STL. Luckily, we saw each other and both stopped. About 2 minutes later ground came back on the radio, and were very upset, but they stopped their transmission short and talked to someone else. We both sat there over 5 minutes until ATC figured out what to do and got back to us.

Capn Butthead,
Granted you have some background for your statements. Guys like you and I who have been there done that are a vast minority here. I also agree that it sucks that these pilots will carry the accident or incident with them for the rest of their careers. Its a flaw in the system that needs to be addressed. That being said these guys still deserve a complete investigation prior to any of us making public statements. If they screwed up then it will become apparent. If it was caused by or contributed to by some outside factor like fatigue that will also come to light. I see a lot of Capts blaming ramp for slow turns when they are given 2 guys to do a job that takes 5. I think most of our problems on the ramp are systemic vs individual.

Wait for it...

Let me beat Dan Roman to it: slow down, Southwest; you taxi too fast!!

Bubba

Well, I wasn't gonna say anything Bubba but......... a culture that promotes rushing will make you vulnerable to more accidents. Haste makes waste and all.

Latest resources

Back