• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Plane Collides With JetBlue Plane At Logan Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well Ghetto....you can see quite clearly that the tow bar is still hooked up. If they were short staffed then they are supposed to wait for wing walkers. In Boston I do believe it is a requirement that there are 3 wing walkers because you have to push, turn and pull to a spot. JetBlue was parked at their gate.

Next, why yes I do know how to push aircraft back. In fact I worked the ramp at that exact concourse for delta while in college. We used to have to push back through a very tight spot in Boston. In fact the L1011 had 5 feet of wing tip clearance as you pushed turned and pulled it through. So I am quite comfortable in the process.

I do support my fellow union people. But we as flight crew get harassed and ignored quite often by ground crews. The problem here (I did accident investigating and violations for ALPA at a previous airline) is that THE FLIGHT CREW WILL NOW HAVE A INCIDENT OR ACCIDENT (depending on the amount of damage) FOR THE REST OF THEIR CAREER BECAUSE OF NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN.

Any other questions?

How can the flight crew have an incident on their record from something
like this? Control moves to the ramp during a push back. The pilots
can't see the wing tips in most cases.

You can be sitting at the gate with the jetway on the airplane and if a belt loader runs into your aircraft and tears a massive hole in it and causes a certain amount of financial damage or harm to a person on the aircraft it is a incident or accident on your record. That is why I truly get sad to see captains authority and respect for pilots in general tossed away. We as pilots are often blamed for being know It alls, premadonnas, or just a,&holes by other employees....yet if they mess up we still get the blame and the harm on our records. WE ALL worked hard and give up a lot to do this job and it is so very sad to see the respect for out profession tossed aside by others. Sorry for the rant....

Latest resources

Back