• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Plane Collides With JetBlue Plane At Logan Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We do. This has happened before...the ground ops union is very strong...that's why we spent a ton of money to buy those stupid wireless headsets so the wing walkers can talk to the push back tug. The ground ops union will find a way to get out of it and blame the pilots and get millions spent on maybe new push back tugs that have heads up displays and laser guidance,..or maybe charter helicopters to fly over the push back....[emoji19]

Capn Butthead,
I find it very disturbing that you would make these comments. First the facts aren't known. Was it an ATC error? Did the tow bar break? Did the brakes on the tug fail? Have you ever pushed an airplane in your life and do you have a clue what could have gone wrong? Was the ramp short staffed? Was the pushback crew mandoed into a double and if so how many times in a row? Was there supposed to be an aircraft at the other gate at all is that gate authorized for that aircraft type?
Also I find it disturbing that you would say negative things about another UNIONIZED employee group when you yourself are a UNION pilot. With attitudes likes yours no wonder RB is trying to divide and conquer. They have the nads to stand up to the company and you bad mouth them on a public forum for it? They need our support not your divisive attitude. The sad thing is someday the way things are going we may need their support as well if they are still here when that time comes. I hope your attitude changes before they strike (I believe that is when not if) and are replaced by contract SCABS.

Last edited:
Well Ghetto....you can see quite clearly that the tow bar is still hooked up. If they were short staffed then they are supposed to wait for wing walkers. In Boston I do believe it is a requirement that there are 3 wing walkers because you have to push, turn and pull to a spot. JetBlue was parked at their gate.

Next, why yes I do know how to push aircraft back. In fact I worked the ramp at that exact concourse for delta while in college. We used to have to push back through a very tight spot in Boston. In fact the L1011 had 5 feet of wing tip clearance as you pushed turned and pulled it through. So I am quite comfortable in the process.

I do support my fellow union people. But we as flight crew get harassed and ignored quite often by ground crews. The problem here (I did accident investigating and violations for ALPA at a previous airline) is that THE FLIGHT CREW WILL NOW HAVE A INCIDENT OR ACCIDENT (depending on the amount of damage) FOR THE REST OF THEIR CAREER BECAUSE OF NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN.

Any other questions?

I will also say this though...I think that there is a poor culture of training for ground ops from mgmt. I play sports with a bunch of the ground ops guys and I wish they got more training. You would be surprised how many people don't know what the white line on the nose wheel door is for....

$10 says it was E1E. That gate is tight if Jet Blue is parked there. If and I say if SOP wasn't followed then heads need to roll. This looks expensive.

Latest resources

Back