Southwest Pilot Recruiter Speaks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PacoPollo said:
What'you talking about?? You still have to pony up 8g's...
Ridiculous!

Yes, but now at least you have a job offer before ponying up 8g's. That's a much better deal in my estimation. Up until just a few months ago, you couldn't even get an interview without first paying some type rating outfit half a year's salary.

whalepilot747 said:
I have heard that SWA is having only one class in January. Are they still planning on 500 or so for the year? Just wondering what what the change was? Originally, 3 classes in Jan.. Now one. I figure the MDW incident and the productivity agreement. Anyone hear anything? Thanks
"We" voted on a side letter to give up a day off per month. It passed by a narrow margin of about 30% voting. Lowers the demand for more pilots.

DH2WN said:
"We" voted on a side letter to give up a day off per month. It passed by a narrow margin of about 30% voting. Lowers the demand for more pilots.

DH2WN,

Did you say only 30% of your pilots voted? Is that the norm, are there a lot of pilots not interested in union activities.? Just curious.

AA

They may interview people without a type rating but I would bet money that you won't get a job offer unless you have that type rating BEFORE your interview. Just my opinion.

It was my opinion that our union didn't sell the side letter agreement one way or the other. By this I mean we didn't get the usual pros and cons to help make an educated decision. Lots of banter and no real analysis of the agreement, so I think lots of guys sat out the vote not recognizing what we were really "testing".

We all know guys who have interviewed and got an offer without the type. A betting man would definitely put odds on getting an interview with the type, however. It costs nothing to apply though, so why not throw it in?

I interviewed without the type, Southwest said if you get a type we will put you in class. I said OK.. :) This is the best way to do it, if you can pull it off and want to wait for the call. :cool:

My 8000 investment pays off on the 5th & 20th of every month. :beer:

The pilots voted on a side letter that invokes a 6 month test on productiyity issues. To say that we each gave up a day off is incorrect. The Company will increase the average workday targets by a prearranged amount. I believe that it is close to .25-.30 days per month (.3 = 3 lines in 10 will have an extra day).

Latest resources

Back