• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Pilot Recruiter Speaks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It looks like the pool of 737 typed applicants is drying up. I'm glad they've opened up their interviews to those without the rating.

Now if they'd only call like they keep telling me they are going to.

Last edited:
I have heard that SWA is having only one class in January. Are they still planning on 500 or so for the year? Just wondering what what the change was? Originally, 3 classes in Jan.. Now one. I figure the MDW incident and the productivity agreement. Anyone hear anything? Thanks

Right now there is only one class for Jan, but two classes for Feb. Training is looking into whether they can put another class or two into Jan.

We'll see what happens.

Training is looking into an additional class or two for January, we still have to hire 535 pilots to cover aircraft deliveries and age 60 retirements.

The folks on the interview team have said we need more than 535 however.

737tanker said:
SWA for the last few years hasn't required the type to get hired, only to get a class date.
That's correct, but Southwest the past years has ONLY interviewed those with the type. As Lindsey stated in the podcast, it hasn't been a "minimum" requirement, but until just recently only those with 737 types were being interviewed.
It's about time this pay-for-training before you are even guaranteed a job is done away with. Kudos to Southwest!

Boogie said:
It's about time this pay-for-training before you are even guaranteed a job is done away with. Kudos to Southwest!

Don't worry, you are still a few years away based on your total flight time.

Boogie said:

What'you talking about?? You still have to pony up 8g's...
Ridiculous!

Latest resources

Back