Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Offers CASH for Pilots to leave!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
all those dumbasses who paid for a 737 type and thought they were going to heaven....

At Jetblue all you heard was how we were 400 pilots fat while the union drive was on. now people are being hired and summer target bid divisors are 90hrs plus with reserve coverage in the red nearly every day..

Last month 100 hrs credit this month at 97 hrs..

We did offer the buyout as well.. It was one month salary per year of service.. a few senior guys bit because they were taking over 100k on the deal.

Heck that will pay for 3 190 fo's with our pathetic pay scales for low seniority new pilots here..

looks like SWA earnings out on July 16. Wonder if this is some "damage control" to shore up earnings/losses or at least show some proactive efforts are being done by corporate office in these tough times

I really expected a higher buyout.

What we learned about buyouts at CAL was that you could double or triple the amounts and not increase the participation much at all. Guys that can't take 130k to leave now can't take +500k either. They just don't have their sh!t together and they never will. That's why they will fight age 65. I had a SWA jumpseater the other day who said it's already being efforted. I predict this buyout will have more participation on the 98 and down side than out the top at 130k.

I had a SWA jumpseater the other day who said it's already being efforted.

Boy, that guy really yanked pretty hard on your chain, didn't he?

Relax, there is nothing like that being bantered about....not even in idle chatter.

Besides, the change from 60 to 65 took just under 20 years to get done....a change to age 70 would, IMO, take just as long or longer.

Its called the Freedom 09 Voluntary Separation Program!

Hired 1997 or earlier = $130,000
1998 = $115,000
1999 = $105,000
2000 = $95,000
2001 = $80,000
2002 = $70,000
2003 = $60,000
2004 = $50,000
2005 = $35,000
2006 = $25,000
2007 = $15,000
2008 = $4,500

I wonder if any old goats are leaving?

Is it taxable?

Boy, that guy really yanked pretty hard on your chain, didn't he?

Relax, there is nothing like that being bantered about....not even in idle chatter.

Besides, the change from 60 to 65 took just under 20 years to get done....a change to age 70 would, IMO, take just as long or longer.

He brought it up. Said "We've got guys who are working on chaging it to 70". He was no more in favor of 65 than I was.

It will be interesting for the pilot group to see who goes and who leaves. Per capita jerk quotient is going up. And you guys don't have many to start.

May have no other options

He brought it up. Said "We've got guys who are working on chaging it to 70". He was no more in favor of 65 than I was.

It will be interesting for the pilot group to see who goes and who leaves. Per capita jerk quotient is going up. And you guys don't have many to start.
As Social Security and Medicare goes broke, Congress will rasie the retirement age to 75 in the next 20 years. The new for retirement age for everyone will also move up.

Latest resources

Back