• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest off the runway in Spokane..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A few years ago I was jumpseating on WN. I went up to meet the crew. Capt was a friend who I had flown with for years as a reservist.

We proceeded to taxi out like we were being chased by the cops! In all the times I flew with him he had never done that. I think it's just the corporate culture (or something in the kool-aid).

PIPE

Like it or not SWA has a reputation of taxiing too fast and hustling maybe a little too much in order to get there 1st, or on time, or whatever. Is that what happened this time? I don't have any idea. The NTSB will figure that out and let us know. Until then I suggest we don't make assumptions.

I also suggest to my SWA brethren that where there's smoke, there's fire. Sterling fatality record aside, you guys seem to slide off taxiways and off the end of runways more than the rest of us. At least that's the perception. Whether that's accurate or fair is certainly debatable, but have you ever stopped to consider why some of us may have come to that conclusion?

Your reputation, deserved or not, is that you guys taxi way faster than the rest of us. Add to that perception the reality that you have had several well publicised events over the last few that seems to support that stereotype and you can see how some of us can start to make assumptions. That's not to say stereotypes are accurate, only that they are based on some previous observations.

This would never happen if they wore double breasted jackets!
Wow, did you think of that one all by yourself or did your mom help you with that one.
Time to sharpen more pencils you little E1 dork!
Maybe you can tell all the Southwest guys how to keep it on paved surface??
I'm sure most of them would love to help you get hired, once you get your commercial/multi.

Latest resources

Back