• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest not requiring a type anymore?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually....more like 1 more year...but who's counting.

P3,

don't feel bad.

5300 TT
5000 JET
2100 JET PIC
737 Type
4 year degree
NO PHONE CALL

I really beleive that they must have a bias against Part 135 drivers. You know, guys that really pay their dues by being on call 24/7, doing all the flight planning on a moments notice and generally sacrificing alot more then a commuter pilot to gain experience.

I am putting more focus on FEDEX and UPS. Maybe they think I know how to fly.:rolleyes: (yeah, I know, I must have a bad attitude since Im dare to voice my frustration about the SWA selection process)

Johnny

make sure you keep updating your "profile" dude, make sure its all filled out correctly...

I just heard from a buddy of mine going through HigherPower this week that LUV will call military sorts with 1200 PIC with the type and 1800 without it.

Southwest not requiring a type anymore?

This thread is definately old news people. Southwest has not required a type rating to interview for a long time now. It has always been required prior to starting class, but again, it has NOT been required to get an interview in over a year. So again, this thread is old news.

That being said, depending on your qual's and who you know/don't know, you "may" be more likely to be offered an interview with the type, than without one.

I know someone that just got the call. That someone did his type last January.

6400 TT
1800 PIC Turbine
2400 past 36 mo's

Question?

If said someone has an interview really soon and their first class medical reverts to second class one week before said interview, would that someone need to get a new medical before the interview? It's probably worth the $85 to get it done, but time is critical.

Wesb737fo said:
I know someone that just got the call. That someone did his type last January.

6400 TT
1800 PIC Turbine
2400 past 36 mo's

Question?

If said someone has an interview really soon and their first class medical reverts to second class one week before said interview, would that someone need to get a new medical before the interview? It's probably worth the $85 to get it done, but time is critical.

Having a first class medical is a requirement for getting the job. How would the company know said person was still eligible for one? That would be an easy one to discard at the DB. "Didn't meet hiring requirements at interview...next."

If it was me, I'd show up at the interview with a fresh new first class medical, thus meeting the job requirements. I can't see how not having it could be one bit helpful, especially in a room full of guys with one. JMO.

When you get your packet of information that lists items to bring to the interview, a copy of your "current first class medical" is requested.

I bet you could get a labor lawyer and sue SWA for discriminating against those of us that don't have a 737 type.

Latest resources

Back