Southwest nightmare update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fellas, chill out!!!

Am I goin' to have to throw a bucket of cold water on both of you? Let's keep our wits about us. Times are tough now and there is no need to throw fuel on the fire. There is only one thing to really keep in mind here: Southwest is a great community.

I believe SWA is a great place to work due to two reasons: Strong leadership and hiring the right people. It's hard to get to know someone in just a half a day. Finding solid evidence that someone probably will or won't fit in the Southwest mold is really the only way Southwest people can discriminate between potential employees.

If anyone is interested, I wrote a paper for my masters while attending Embry-Riddle at Davis-Monthan AFB. The paper compares interviewing and hiring practices of SWA vs. the Big 3. I went out on a limb and stated that SWA may be a safer, more productive, and happier place to work than the Big 3 mainly due to their interviewing and hiring practices. Basically, seeking out and hiring a higher emotionally intelligent person. Maybe I'm totally out to lunch, but it brings up the fact that in the past, some major factors in the hiring process of other airlines may not have been emphasized enough. The paper is a little dated and some airlines have totally changed thier interview process. Anyway, email me if you would like a copy.

Take care and fly safe, BN

[email protected]

I removed any personal jabs, 1 too many scotch and waters last night with friends!!

This is kind of a dumb argument, so I'm done. But nice chatting.

Good luck MVI, I hope you get things figured out.

Latest resources

Back