• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest new hire pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right in line is DO NOT buy your captain house in anticipation of an upgrade...
That's been experienced too many times

Not sure I'd agree with this advice; with interest rates at an all-time low, it might actually be a smart move for some.

I'd buy it now, on a 30 yr mortgage, then when you upgrade, make 2 extra payments a year towards principal.

:cool:

I have yet to vote yes on anything the pathetic SWAPULL has sent out. I sure hope they give me a reason to finally pull the yes vote. I am not counting on it though. Especially with the current lack of leadership.

I have yet to vote yes on anything the pathetic SWAPULL has sent out. I sure hope they give me a reason to finally pull the yes vote. I am not counting on it though. Especially with the current lack of leadership.

I haven't voted yes on anything SNApA's endorsed since the 90's. Although I'd love to vote yes on a TA, I doubt that trend will change anytime soon.

Not sure I'd agree with this advice; with interest rates at an all-time low, it might actually be a smart move for some.

I'd buy it now, on a 30 yr mortgage, then when you upgrade, make 2 extra payments a year towards principal.

:cool:

Within reason....
I agree

Right in line is DO NOT buy your captain house in anticipation of an upgrade...
That's been experienced too many times

What difference does it make? It's been said many times on this very forum you'll make more as a SWAFO than a FATCA. So upgrading the casita should not be an issue. Unless, of course, that's not really true

What difference does it make? It's been said many times on this very forum you'll make more as a SWAFO than a FATCA. So upgrading the casita should not be an issue. Unless, of course, that's not really true

Your at capt house would be our Swa FO house.

The point is don't over extend
Good lord

I'd live in something reasonable the next 5 years and wait for the Baby Boomer housing bubble to burst. There's going to be countless millions of homes $200K++ for sale for a dime a dozen as the over mortgaged over extended Baby Boomers seek cheap starter priced housing to mortgage their way through 'retirement'. With any luck they can pay cash for that $100K duplex.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back