Southwest, New Crew Base announcment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flint4xx said:
Tired of flying circles at 2500ft in a 206 already?

Ahhhh don't you miss it? And managements appreciation of your skills?

Standby for phone call and Hedonism Resort tickets once I hit 50...

Whats the cost of living in LAS

:D

still have the mini cooper?

later

Last edited:
Just finished a 3-day. Went LAS,DEN,MCI next day, BNA,TPA.

I flew into all the possibilites.
LAS/MCI/BNA have not heard anything new except BNA going down to 2 MX guys
DEN- said all the gates in concourse were now wired for our computers and podiums. Gate agent says the wish list to DIA is 24 gates but lots of shuffling and not ready.

TPA/TPA/TPA- F/A sups/ VP of Ops/ and other big names just left there this week in closed door meetings. Just putting peices together--looks like TPA:rolleyes:

A lot

"Whats the cost of living in LAS"

Similar to when I was stationed in Europe, or pretty much the same as SoCal. When I interviewed at SWA two years ago, I asked if LAS would ever be a base, the response was only after at least 10 jets spend the night. I counted 17 when I taxied by the C terminal early one morning last week.

Think about it!!!!!

Where is the current funnest overnight with the best room parties????? One hint.............It's not in Nevada. As per the past, they have found the fun overnight and will soon nix it!!!!

dashocho said:
Where is the current funnest overnight with the best room parties????? One hint.............It's not in Nevada. As per the past, they have found the fun overnight and will soon nix it!!!!

Usally not always, OAK was not that great of an overnight.

MDW or BWI. These two non-hubs have too much traffic not to be the best and most likely sites. PHL is too crappy an airport with terrible delays for SWA's tastes.

My money is on MDW... this could end up being SWA's biggest base. This only if they get access to more gates. This is all from my buddy the SWA/FO.

SWA/FO said:
My money is on MDW... this could end up being SWA's biggest base. This only if they get access to more gates. This is all from my buddy the SWA/FO.

I'm sure they will when ATA is gone.

Latest resources

Back