• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest, New Crew Base announcment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tampa was ruled out today. The hardest part about making Vegas work is that capacity planning is having a hard time making the pairings line up. There is too much of an overlap right now. They'll make it happen though.

With TPA ruled out....

I say -- LAS

Right behind -- STL, MCI, BNA

Third tier --PHL, DEN (Due to growth required to make sense)

northstar said:
In the "Galley" conference room on the 3rd floor. Anything else?

It seems like if an announcement was coming, they wouldn't still be eliminating or debating options. The good thing about SWA is that they keep their cards close until the last minute. Does that jive with the "Galley" info?:)

Luke's Dad said:
It seems like if an announcement was coming, they wouldn't still be eliminating or debating options. The good thing about SWA is that they keep their cards close until the last minute. Does that jive with the "Galley" info?:)

I see your point. The whole announcement thing is a rumor too. Two weeks ago it was planned that a big announcement was to be made. The announcement was made. It had to do with the restructuring of Vp's due to being top heavy. Even after that was made, people with a new crew base on their mind expected the announcement to be the crew base, and I guess some are still waiting. Only my 2 cents.

IAHERJ said:
Will it be a 737 base?

Since SWA only flies 737s I think there is a good chance it will be a 737 base.

On a serious note the SWAPA VP on another forum said that TPA still looks to be the top choice. However SWAPA is still running the numbers among four choices and will make a recommendation to SWA next week. The SWAPA choices are TPA, LAS, BNA, and MCI.

Latest resources

Back