• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest mulls move to 3rd major US airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dobbins should've been dual use 5 years ago- the growth is on the north side of ATL- that would be a development to get excited about- If they do ATL- it would be to gain the clout necessary to eventually open up dobbins.

I hope they don't make an attempt to come to CLT. I would hate to have to fly on that cattle car carrier that would take 3 legs to get to and from the west coast.

The USAIR nonstops with meals and first class suit me a hell of a lot better!!

Are we talking about the same USAir that charges 2 dollars for a cup of water? Dude what are you talking about? Are you smoking crack or something. Southwest and Airtran Airways(with business class) provide more in the back of the airplane then USAir does!

Are we talking about the same USAir that charges 2 dollars for a cup of water? Dude what are you talking about? Are you smoking crack or something. Southwest and Airtran Airways(with business class) provide more in the back of the airplane then USAir does!

Thats BS if you live in CLT. USAIR has the direct flights. That trumps the other stuff and oh yeah... if you travel in uniform >> you get the drinks free. With enough frequent flyer points you will fly in First class on USAIR just about every time. Out of CLT USAIR is the best thing going (they do have issues but its the same issues that the other carriers deal with).

None of this 3 leg across the country complete BS with nothing but a bag of peanuts.

Yep, same USAirways that charges $15 for your bag and $10 if you want something other than that choice center seat !! I cringe when I see positioning on US in my schedule.

Let's face it, they need the competition in CLT to keep them honest and force them to lower their fares.

Yep, same USAirways that charges $15 for your bag and $10 if you want something other than that choice center seat !! I cringe when I see positioning on US in my schedule.

Let's face it, they need the competition in CLT to keep them honest and force them to lower their fares.

Not to mention it would be nice to actually make money?????

I'd like to see them in ATL. in 1997, when I went for my interview at Dayuhlta, the interviewer was telling me that they weren't concerned about WN, because they were really only a factor in the Southwestern US. He said, "You know, cities like Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, ....." That's when I couldn't resist and added, ".......... like Providence." I didn't get the job. I also shot down an WN, but that was not for anything I said.

clt has relatively low fairs. My company puts me on Airways about 90% of the time out of CLT. They like to look for the best deals to get us around.

Latest resources

Back