• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest mulls move to 3rd major US airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can't see BOS, I think there are 8 or 9 overnighters in MHT already. And MHT and PVD are just too close. Besides JB has been building up in BOS for the last several years.

Although CLT is a big market that I would expect SWA to serve soon (like in the next 3 years), I don't consider this the "big market" that is being hinted at. I think the "big market" is definitely ATL. It's really the last large metropolis in the US that we don't have some sort of presence or near presence in.

I'd rather it be CLT, though, since that airport doesn't have nearly as much congestion as ATL.

I hope they don't make an attempt to come to CLT. I would hate to have to fly on that cattle car carrier that would take 3 legs to get to and from the west coast.

The USAIR nonstops with meals and first class suit me a hell of a lot better!!

So you're saying that they make planes that go coast to coast nonstop? Man, I hope we do "trans-cons" some day!!!!

Last edited:
It would be so much fun being a fly on the wall in whatever NYC office those Texans from SWA meet in telling the Port Authority how to do its job.

The Port Authority is not PHL. Looks like Kelly and crew will have to learn this lesson the hard way.

How dare ANONE try to tell them how to do their job..........they are doing SUCH a bang up job now.

Dick

Never ATL... too much AitTran there... CVG would make sense since it's being completely abandoned

Didn't you get the memo. Delta said they were not closing down any hubs. It must be true since the CFO came to CVG and told the Kentucky Governor Delta intends to fly from CVG for many years to come.

Seriously Southwest already serves SDF and IND. Not much O&D from CVG. Lots more money to be made in ATL or even CLT.

If SWA comes to ATL, where are they going to get gate space? Aren't some of the D gates already being shared?

CVG is comical....too close to CMH.... CVG is a collapsing city, if there was money there DELTA wouldn't be pulling out...the airport is on track to be the next PIT or DAY....a ghost town.

I like ATL but not sure they wanna take on DELTA and AIRtranny.

Maybe BOS.....but its smackdab btw MHT and PVD...just dont see them doing this.

My guess in CLT....US Airways is bleeding again...and SWA loves being the circling shark in the water...just ask the Frontier boys...

Latest resources

Back