• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest looks to grow where rivals downsize

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only room party we have now at SWA is when people have a good conversation about what depends works best or the latest issue of AARP ? I miss the old TPA Mainsail nights....

You must be a weekday flyer

We still got a little

And it appears the company is rethinking it's "internal hiring" policy for FAs- some are great- a lot show up to the gig just for the money, opinionated and already a bit jaded-

Think they're figuring out that hiring some youth and new blood is re-energizing to everyone.

You must be a weekday flyer

We still got a little

And it appears the company is rethinking it's "internal hiring" policy for FAs- some are great- a lot show up to the gig just for the money, opinionated and already a bit jaded-

Think they're figuring out that hiring some youth and new blood is re-energizing to everyone.

Ironically, wouldn't hiring from within perpetuate the so-called culture that everyone is afraid of losing?

BTW, how do you show up for work? Most of us show up for the gig to get paid, we're opinionate, and a little bit jaded.

Sometimes it works like that, sometimes it hasn't in recent years. And you get certain types that are going inflight for the wrong reasons.

As for me. I show up like I've showed up for every job I've ever had-
Ready to work and pretty happy or at least offering to buy the coffee.

Whether it's legacy or Swa or construction, it's all about the people you're working with and having a good time getting the job done.

Most of the time SWA has made doing that pretty easy

The idea I'll keep preaching for them is show up to work and take care of everyone you see and genuinely don't even worry about yourself- get what you give and you'll be more than taken care of back
It works

40k for a college degree to be hired at Delta (little tax advantage - big millstone that will eat into your $$$$$)

or

6k for a 737 type rating to be hired at SWA ( tax write off - no millstone only $$$$$$$)

40k for a college degree to be hired at Delta (little tax advantage - big millstone that will eat into your $$$$$)

or

6k for a 737 type rating to be hired at SWA ( tax write off - no millstone only $$$$$$$)

Really? If you lose your medical, a college degree of any kind can open up opportunities in other fields. You guys are really trying to compare the two, but one helps elsewhere. So, did you go to College? If you did AND bought your type rating, you were twice as dumb according to you. Also, how many people paid for a type and didn't get hired by them? Oooooops.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Not as long as you keep caving on scope putz!

Uhhhhh, scope got tightened in the last contract. You will be feeling the repercussions soon, if you haven't already. 140 fewer RJs in 3 years. The good guys in your company will get out. I doubt you will, unless you flee to Vietnam again.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Really? If you lose your medical, a college degree of any kind can open up opportunities in other fields. You guys are really trying to compare the two, but one helps elsewhere. So, did you go to College? If you did AND bought your type rating, you were twice as dumb according to you. Also, how many people paid for a type and didn't get hired by them? Oooooops.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Soooo, what is your degree in?

Latest resources

Back