• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest looking to contain costs - article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty, your orders won't cover the loss of the 717...350-400 AAI pilots will have global seniority to hold CP at SWA post 1/15, that's 60 aircraft worth of CPs...SWA did not need AAI aircraft orders, we are buying used aircraft and the max...again just how it went down....

I hope you're crying on gk's shoulder concerning this, he paid somebody else to take them.

You're absolutely right concerning WN not needing AAI's orders. At the time they'd pretty much saturated the lower 48 and were several if not many years away from leaving the confines of less than 1/4 of this continent.

Lets face it, both sides well played by a reborn textbook wielding anti labor accountant.

Unity is what this group needs, not a path toward finding who's sad sack story is better.

Well said.

Well that would be the 1/4 of the continent with $$...

I got it now, thanks for helping me finally figure it out. I are just a dumm pilot. The reason WN doesn't go out of the country is nobody else has any money so no use serving them. Yeah right, keep telling yourself that and vote yes when the company tells you to.

They were all here when the SLI took place. Business decisions that take place post-SLI have nothing to do with it.

Check out PCL
HE KNOWS BETTER THAN MOST THAT WHAT MATTERS IS THE SNAPSHOT
Not when the SLI is being negotiated. But he's smart, I'll give him that and careful with his language (well, outside of the epic "c*m- guzzling") haha

But he makes that incorrect exchange of words bc he wants you to think that the airframes that were on the property in the past matter, but the pay rates and contract they had in place did not.

He argues his self interest

Check out PCL
HE KNOWS BETTER THAN MOST THAT WHAT MATTERS IS THE SNAPSHOT
Not when the SLI is being negotiated. But he's smart, I'll give him that and careful with his language (well, outside of the epic "c*m- guzzling") haha

But he makes that incorrect exchange of words bc he wants you to think that the airframes that were on the property in the past matter, but the pay rates and contract they had in place did not.

He argues his self interest

Actually, you're correct that it is the snapshot date that matters for the SLI. I wasn't trying to finesse the language, just wasn't being very precise. The reason that the pay rates don't matter is because they are irrelevant to seniority integration, not because of what date a snapshot was taken. They just have nothing to do with SLI. Which is why you were scared to death of arbitration.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back