• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Line on Credit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ask somebody about the comparative unstable approach data between SWA and AirTran. SWA has quadruple the number on a relative scale. Any perceived superiority of SWA pilots is a greater myth than 'The Golden Rule'.

Your FOQA numbers would make a webbed foot Flemish whore blush.

Please show your work! Are you a FOQA gatekeeper at BOTH airlines? Where are you coming up with this data? Is it published somewhere? I've never seen FOQA data from multiple airlines published side by side ANYWHERE! If you have access to this data, please share it with the rest of us. Other than factual data to back up your assertions I will assume you are just making it up.

Well I'm not too senior, so me popping a blood vessel isn't going to do much good for most-
If you could get some of those junior capts and senior FOs to head on over to airways that would be much better

Ask somebody about the comparative unstable approach data between SWA and AirTran. SWA has quadruple the number on a relative scale. Any perceived superiority of SWA pilots is a greater myth than 'The Golden Rule'.

Your FOQA numbers would make a webbed foot Flemish whore blush.

SWA considers it an unstable approach if ur at 999 AGL. And not on speed And fully configured for landing

Hardly a safety issue. Just the way SWA wants there aircraft flown .

Here are some facts: At my time of hire at Airtran I had coworkers get hired by SW with the same experience, same age, etc as me. I went to Airtran and never updated my app, yet was called for an interview within a year, which I declined. SW was simply not that attractive to me, or many other pilots.
I am now placed next to former FOs and students of mine on the SL. One guy within 100 # of me was a former student and got his first commuter job after I was a Captain at AirTran.

Today's winners are tomorrows losers. United pilots have been a little quieter over the last decade haven't they ..... Hmmmm ?
I don't know if I would compare United 2000 and Southwest 2013. Southwest's current balance sheet is stronger than United's even in 2000 not to mention that Southwest has zero pension obligations to fund. I also doubt Gary Kelly will be giving the Southwest pilots a "home run" contract similar to United's 2000 contract. I see Gary Kelly and SWAPA agreeing to "doubles" over the next few contract cycles. Doubles can also produce runs and usually results in less strikeouts.

One of ours left this week for US Air. How does that fit into your 'SWA is the better airline' argument ?
Wow, a 39 year old 3rd year pay AirTran FO that lives in CLT left to go to USAirways. I had a new hire classmate of mine here at AirTran leave for Southwest 2 months before he would have upgraded (in our 30th month at AirTran). I also had a 13 year AirTran captain buddy of mine apply to SWA in the fall of 2008 because he was nervous about AirTran filing bankruptcy.

For the record, I never applied to Southwest (nor have a B737 type rating) but appreciate the Southwest's financial stability considering the risks that are out there in today's economy/central bank money printing frenzy (that could lead to energy price inflation).

I don't know if I would compare United 2000 and Southwest 2013. Southwest's current balance sheet is stronger than United's even in 2000 not to mention that Southwest has zero pension obligations to fund. I also doubt Gary Kelly will be giving the Southwest pilots a "home run" contract similar to United's 2000 contract. I see Gary Kelly and SWAPA agreeing to "doubles" over the next few contract cycles. Doubles can also produce runs and usually results in less strikeouts.

Wow, a 39 year old 3rd year pay AirTran FO that lives in CLT left to go to USAirways. I had a new hire classmate of mine here at AirTran leave for Southwest 2 months before he would have upgraded (in our 30th month at AirTran). I also had a 13 year AirTran captain buddy of mine apply to SWA in the fall of 2008 because he was nervous about AirTran filing bankruptcy.

For the record, I never applied to Southwest (nor have a B737 type rating) but appreciate the Southwest's financial stability considering the risks that are out there in today's economy/central bank money printing frenzy (that could lead to energy price inflation).

For the record max....... If SWA had a "Tokyo rose" at AT it would be YOU.

Here are some facts: At my time of hire at Airtran I had coworkers get hired by SW with the same experience, same age, etc as me. I went to Airtran and never updated my app, yet was called for an interview within a year, which I declined. SW was simply not that attractive to me, or many other pilots.
I am now placed next to former FOs and students of mine on the SL. One guy within 100 # of me was a former student and got his first commuter job after I was a Captain at AirTran.

And I'm sure there are some 20+ year retired Mil pilots originally hired at SWA slotted in behind you. what's your point?

Go to bed Max. Nobody asked you if you applied at SWA, nor was the subject of the central bank or economy raised. Your opinion has become worthless on the subject of 'mergers' . Pizza parties perhaps, but not mergers.

You're a decent dude who was way out of his depth and outplayed. I'm hoping that the prevalent "Tokyo Rose" analogy isn't true.

Latest resources

Back