• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speaking of how much flying you do....my buddy get's a lot of his trips paid for and instead stays in Dallas to do office type work. Are there lots of those opportunities available?
I'd really rather not be on the road a ton if I don't have to. My kids are really into sports and I'd like to at least be an assistant coach. I understand that I'll have to miss a few practices though.

Your implications here are troubling. There are plenty of hard-workers here (myself included) who would not have applied if SWA paid me belly button lint to work 25 days/month, with crap work rules to boot. If that's leeching or slacking, then consider me guilty as charged.

No-I'm here for the money---I just don't mind working for it-
but there are plenty who don't earn their check when they show up- you're paid enough to do the job well- I HATE the "best part time job in the world" types- using mil leave to slack- using fmla to slack- subvert seniority-
I'm not into it- we ought to reward our company for managing how they do- and if you haven't been around enough- you ought to quit and know what it's like to work somewhere else
I don't run from that comment- though I will say it again- I love that I have a chance to work hard and get paid

No-I'm here for the money---I just don't mind working for it-
but there are plenty who don't earn their check when they show up- you're paid enough to do the job well- I HATE the "best part time job in the world" types- using mil leave to slack- using fmla to slack- subvert seniority-
I'm not into it- we ought to reward our company for managing how they do- and if you haven't been around enough- you ought to quit and know what it's like to work somewhere else
I don't run from that comment- though I will say it again- I love that I have a chance to work hard and get paid

Yep I too slacked for the last 9 months when I was involuntarily activated. I also really LOVE to slack by flying off to garden spots such as Afghanistan or Iraq. Please tell me you were drunk posting! UFB!!!! :puke:

The Director of Training says they can run 700+ per year. I'm hearing rumors that they will be hiring past the pool numbers.

Sounds like things might be looking up.

Due to the average age of the Airtran group, there may be very few future upgrades after the SLI, and that means fewer eventual retirements and subsequent new hires. Sounds like plenty of future stagnation over there.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back