• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm a little slow; please explain the first sentence?

And I can't type coherent sentences!

One guy is coming back through new hire training for something like an extended medical absence, etc. (reason not known) and needs to go through the whole thing again. One other guy is a retired guy hired back on. Rest are poolies.

I am bidding off the 757 at CAL to the 737 for the type...

SWA:
14 Days off min
12 hr min overnights
Payrates

SWA guys correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's 15 days off minimum in a 30 day bid month and 16 days off minimum in a 31 day bid month for lineholders and reserve.

100/hour, I'd make the jump if you can. Your quality of life can only go up (not including the paycheck!).

SWA guys correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's 15 days off minimum in a 30 day bid month and 16 days off minimum in a 31 day bid month for lineholders and reserve.

100/hour, I'd make the jump if you can. Your quality of life can only go up (not including the paycheck!).

I just looked at all the lines for Jan 11 out of X (one of the 8 domiciles)location and the min days off are 16 with the max being 19. A friend of mine who's a fifth year FO flew 167 TFP in Nov 10 with 12 days off. Do the math on that one! Your numbers above for days off are correct, but we get paid by TFP (trips for pay) and not the hour.

Last edited:
Hope everyone gets what they want for the new year.....:beer:

well i am getting my 737 type in January. so hopefully the gamble pays off!

Your hired as long as you get your avatar girls as flight attendants!!

(ps- it's seen as such a risk- yet look at everything you can waste money on that noone bats an eye about:
Buy a new car, drive it off the lot
CFI/CFII/MEI- how many use that for more than a handful of years
College-
If you actually want to work at southwest and BE A PART of this place- fight for it- make the culture better-its the easiest choice-

If you just want the money and days off- and the "pride" of being hired by the latest "it" carrier and "it's" contract .... We have too many of you as it is... Don't need slackers and leeches here)

If you just want the money and days off- and the "pride" of being hired by the latest "it" carrier and "it's" contract .... We have too many of you as it is... Don't need slackers and leeches here)

Your implications here are troubling. There are plenty of hard-workers here (myself included) who would not have applied if SWA paid me belly button lint to work 25 days/month, with crap work rules to boot. If that's leeching or slacking, then consider me guilty as charged.

Latest resources

Back