• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest - gumming up arrivals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll never forget descending into ATL and the controller telling us we #1 in the pack and to maintain max forward speed. he then asked what that was and I said 390 (727). He then told the MD-80 behind us not to exceed 380.

I don't know what aircraft the imposter flies, but we normally descend at 340-350 kts in the challenger and Vmo is 360. I think the Falcon 7x is 370 or something.

Certainly won't get a bird strike from behind in that will ya.

What current commercial aircraft has a VMO of 360 Kts or greater?

The normal descent in the Falcon 2000 is .84 and 360 knots. We do it every day, everywhere we go until we're told otherwise. VMO/MMO is .865 and 370 knots. Smooth as silk at those speeds as well.

C Even before we lowered our cost index (which gives a 261-266 KIAS descent speed...down from 280ish KIAS), you would have had to slow down behind us. The fuel savings SWA has realized from this are real,

Just curious, what have you guys use for cruise speeds? Say FL 250 -
Thx,

Bragging about doing 360 when weighing less than 35,000lbs................

HA HA HA HA HA

Huh? I don't get it. What airplane discussed weighs less than 35K? What does that have to do with anthing? Please elaborate.

Last edited:
Was a corp. joke with a friend.....
Ask ATC if you can offset six miles and pass them. If you catch it early enough they'll grant it.

Well maybe SWA should pull out of the major airports if they can't keep up with the flow and go back to the smaller secondary airports that they started with.

If your gonna fly that slow it would be more cost effective if you sold the 737s and got turboprops.

Well maybe SWA should pull out of the major airports if they can't keep up with the flow and go back to the smaller secondary airports that they started with.

If your gonna fly that slow it would be more cost effective if you sold the 737s and got turboprops.

Doesn't matter. They'll still share the same STARs.

BTW, I fly out of PHX,LAS,SNA,DAL,& OAK regularly and I've never encountered this problem

Latest resources

Back