• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest - gumming up arrivals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll never forget descending into ATL and the controller telling us we #1 in the pack and to maintain max forward speed. he then asked what that was and I said 390 (727). He then told the MD-80 behind us not to exceed 380.

Heh-heh . . . . . now that might have caused me to shoot coffee from my nose.

Ty

Haha! I forgot to logout. Very funny.

I don't know what aircraft the imposter flies, but we normally descend at 340-350 kts in the challenger and Vmo is 360. I think the Falcon 7x is 370 or something.

WOW!

how do you cope with the speed?

Making fun of a guy flying a real machine while flying around in a RJ??....I'll take a Falcon 2000 over a brand new 170,000lb Airbus any day of the week..

At least the pilots of the Airbus have someone to put the golf clubs and ice and coffee and beer and luggage into the airplane for them. And, they don't have to clean the plane when they are done. Or, file the flight plan. Diff'rent strokes my friend. Just because you like eating popcorn at Signature while discussing the serial number of your plane, doesn't mean everyone has to.

blah blah blah= i'd fly a 152 if they paid me right- and when they pay me right- i fly it like the people who sign that check want me to fly it. Mostly.

As far as speed- i don't think any of our airplanes go fast enough to give me a rush while flying IFR. They'd have to triple the speed to get interesting, so who gives a damn.

Who cares what kind of airplane you fly. My dream job would be a beaver on floats. Anyone know where I can fly one of those for $200K per year & have 18 days off a month?

Good point one of the funnest jobs I had was a temporary job flying for the Fish and Game. low and slow over the snake river in a 182. Perfect.

Good point one of the funnest jobs I had was a temporary job flying for the Fish and Game. low and slow over the snake river in a 182. Perfect.

It sounds as if you enjoyed yourself in one of the funnest jobs you ever had and now we all get to enjoy your grammar and spelling. WIN! WIN! :)

But the inflight fuel savings are negated by taxiing at 45 kts. They must spend a lot of money on brakes.

Latest resources

Back