• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Goes Off Road'n In Chicago

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds an awful lot like what I said when I went to NJA with the backing of berkshire a few years back. The longer you are in this industry the more you realize that you have no idea what the future holds.
Rather than critisize other carriers for pay why not address that there is a possibility this might actually be a problem. How many more can go off runways before something changes? Is it purely coincidence this has happened a few times, runways, taxiways, whatever, its has not happened to anyone else at BUR or MDW from what I can remember.

Actually it happened to ATA (MDW 31C) with a seasoned Captain at the controls in a 757-300. In a hurry and well over 20 kts above approach speed. Landed long.

Esprit

Remember when it was the REGIONALS section that lead the way with the most childish antics? Not anymore....you guys take the award now.

How many more can go off runways before something changes? Is it purely coincidence this has happened a few times, runways, taxiways, whatever, its has not happened to anyone else at BUR or MDW from what I can remember.

SWA is like the only carrier that operates into those airports.

UPS flies a A300 into BUR and United used to fly 727's in there. A lot of airlines fly into MDW.
So ATA went off a runway in MDW also, I think you missed the point.

Do you ever even look out the window when you go in there?

Alaska, Horizon, American, JetBlue, US Airways, Skywest, and Mesa all go in there without incident.

Never try to confuse him with facts. As for me I couldn't work for SWA because I didn't have $8k to buy a type rating to qualify for an INTERVIEW. So, technically they're correct when they say they didn't buy their jobs.

Interesting "facts".

I wonder why I was able to interview without a type? Maybe there was some other reason they didn't want to interview you?

Guys--- 3100 flts/day- how many in and out of short fields.
Does anyone really extrapolate meaningful data about thousands of crews from a few flts and a few crews?
Stones in a glass house. Skilled, trained, and Flawed humans make dangerous safe every day. Guarantee, all of us at every airline will learn from this.

Interesting "facts".

I wonder why I was able to interview without a type?

Probably because they changed the policy between 1990 and when you interviewed.

Interviewed without the type in 2007. "Hired" six months to get it. I do not know what the call rate of non typed applicants was this time around. So it cost me 8K to get the type after the offer. But look at the first year pay in comparison to other "Major" airlines...it paid for itself!

Serious question. When swa orders the airplane to conquer the globe are y'all going to have to pay for the type? Or is that just for newbies to prove their "desire" to fly for swa?

Interviewed without the type in 2007. "Hired" six months to get it. I do not know what the call rate of non typed applicants was this time around. So it cost me 8K to get the type after the offer. But look at the first year pay in comparison to other "Major" airlines...it paid for itself!

Latest resources

Back