• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Goes Off Road'n In Chicago

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of those six -300's with stressed skins how many of them made high G turn offs and how often?

Is there a trend here or is it a Boeing problem? Blah blah blah, Boeing, Boeing, Boeing.

Glad everyone is OK and SWA is learning it lessons without hurting people.

High G turnoffs? That's the stuff of genius right there, ya'll. Maybe LUV can convince Fulton County to install some 30 degree banked high-speeds in the ATL so EVERYONE can pull g's when we clear the runway.

You are a tool.

Best/shortest comeback, good job.

Do you want to go there? I have plenty of ammo that looks similar to your deal today at MDW. In a hurry?

And it's been said by DAL pilots, that landing on the taxiway in ATL was a DAL culture problem. "Get there itis" and "we've been there, done that, let's get the job done".
There were 3 pilots when they left RIO, and one got sick a couple hours after takeoff. That means 2 were left for a 10 hour flight. No excuse, but yes, they were tired. Were your two pilots today tired? If they had 6 legs, maybe.

Wow dude, I'm impressed with your response to this. Considering all the SW haterade you've been drinking and spewing onto FI lately.

But your points are well taken. For God's sake, when you declare an emergency, DON'T let the controller switch runways on you multiple times. They're working for you at that point, NOT the other way around. When you have a certain runway/approach programmed/briefed, fly it, it's usually easier. Especially after a 10 hour flight, and you VOLUNTARILY elected to continue without an IRO. When you're on short final, it's usually a good idea to look for things like runway numbers, piano keys, TDZ markings, the CORRECT lighting that designates a runway vice taxiway, etc. The 767 has enough lights on it to where that kid of crap should be visible. They weren't on fire, there wasn't an old man in the back having a heart attack, they weren't facing fuel exhaustion, there wasn't a woman giving birth in the back, etc. Going around WOULDN'T have hurt ANYONE. You get the picture.

See, isn't it fun to throw other airlines and they're mistakes under the bus?

DAL in ATL = lucky, NOT good. SW in MDW = unlucky.

You're right DAL was lucky. If they had seen lights coming at them on the taxiway, I don't know what would have happened. SW has had a few of these happen, and I'd like to try to understand why? Maybe it is a culture thing, get that schedule completed ontime or I need to eat quick before my next turn to DTW. Don't forget though that you have had more in the media than DL has lately.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Oh boy!!!!! Sparring with the General is so much fun!!!!!

Did they pull up to a Chevron for gas? I didn't think so. Let's keep it going, shall we? How about some Tuna Can jokes. Leno has made plenty.

Bye Bye---General Lee

How about some intercepted by foreign airforce jokes for the airline that seems to have a chronic problem with radio procedures/protocol when flying international.

You're right DAL was lucky. If they had seen lights coming at them on the taxiway, I don't know what would have happened.

Who know's? Maybe go around?

SW has had a few of these happen, and I'd like to try to understand why? Maybe it is a culture thing, get that schedule completed ontime or I need to eat quick before my next turn to DTW.

See above, DAL has had MORE than one foreign airforce intercept. I'd like to understand why this is.

Don't forget though that you have had more in the media than DL has lately.

Who are you referring to?

Do you want to go there? I have plenty of ammo that looks similar to your deal today at MDW. In a hurry?

Again General, who are you referring to?

There were 3 pilots when they left RIO, and one got sick a couple hours after takeoff. That means 2 were left for a 10 hour flight. No excuse, but yes, they were tired. Were your two pilots today tired? If they had 6 legs, maybe.

AGAIN, who are YOU referring to?

I still stand by the statement I've made in the past, you are best summed up best by Occam's Razor and 123 here;

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=1531816&highlight=lee+colon#post1531816

...and reopen El Toro Air Station.

3/21 3,900' Asphalt
7L/25R 8,000' Asphalt
7R/25L 8,000' Asphalt
16L/34R 10,000' Concrete
16R/34L 10,000' Concrete

A recreational area?! A filming location?! While 200K# planes land and takeoff on a 5000' runway.

Geez!

Don't forget the Stupid departure "power cut back" so we don't piss off the rich people in Newport Beach.

General and OY6 are *******s. Its just the facts.

Oh boy!!!!! Sparring with the General is so much fun!!!!!

How about some intercepted by foreign airforce jokes for the airline that seems to have a chronic problem with radio procedures/protocol when flying international.

Well, since you never will do that type of flying, it's hard to explain it to you. Maybe Ty will help you out.

Who know's? Maybe go around?

Probably. It's hard to go around though when you are turning too fast onto a highspeed. That stuff needs to be standardized. Do your FOs give the Capt the controls before the turn, or are they allowed to take it off the runway? Maybe that should be reviewed.

See above, DAL has had MORE than one foreign airforce intercept. I'd like to understand why this is.

And you have had more airport slide offs. How high was that guy over Van Nuys during that BUR approach? You also kick off fat people off your planes. Keep it going.

Who are you referring to?

Your company and media jokes.

Again General, who are you referring to?

You really can't figure it out? Come on now.

AGAIN, who are YOU referring to?

I still stand by the statement I've made in the past, you are best summed up best by Occam's Razor and 123 here;

I honestly don't care what they said. Means nothing to me. I am on this board for the pure enjoyment of aviation debate, and you are an easy opponent.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=1531816&highlight=lee+colon#post1531816

Above says it all.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General, with the amount of shear and blatant ignorant comments you've made in this thread about the most recent SW incident, as well as me personally, I'll have to bow out. Because you truly don't know W-T-F you're talking about, nor where I work.

So, Bye Bye General Lee.

Wow....

Some of you trolls are so friggin predictable.

Karma is a bitch........

I agree, it is amazing how many out there are too stupid to realize they are dooming themselves to a terrible fate. If you are not superstitious, you should be.

Latest resources

Back