• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest expects to rebound from difficult 3rd quarter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It amazes me how some of the ATA guys are pissed at SWA for "taking away some of their flying." They seem to forget that they were pretty much out of business a few years ago. At least you have a job. Stop bitching.

If you don't like your job stop blaming others and go get a new one....

:rolleyes:

It amazes me how some of the ATA guys are pissed at SWA for "taking away some of their flying." They seem to forget that they were pretty much out of business a few years ago. At least you have a job. Stop bitching.

I have never heard of an ATA pilot being "pissed" at SWA for anything, certainly not the pilots. If there is "bitching" it is most certainly understandable from a human point of view. If you take a 65% pay cut, watch hundreds of your coworkers get the axe and see your airline's routes cut while other airlines take those same routes maybe you might bitch just a little yourself.

I have been impressed by my brothers and sisters. With all these bad things going on the schedules have been kept, sick calls down and with our usual impeccable safety record - all with a smile to the traveling public. Any "bitching" is kept within the family.

I wonder what would happen if your growth was slowed down even a few percentage points, do you think you might hear some "bitching" and a call for you to find another job? I'm sure you would be the first one "bitching" to end the codeshare agreement. That would not amaze me.

Last edited:
I wonder what would happen if your growth was slowed down even a few percentage points, do you think you might hear some "bitching" and a call for you to find another job? I'm sure you would be the first one "bitching" to end the codeshare agreement. That would not amaze me.

Hey you are definately entitled to your opinion. Everything comes in cycles. Growth, cuts, hiring, furlough. You just have to tough it out. To your amazement if we slow down and slow growth or cut some routes I wouldn't be blaming ATA. It is part of business and that's what happens (you either learn to deal with it or not. I have been furloughed four times and hopefully I don't have go through it again, but if it happened I would deal with it.)

People, business, management makes mistakes (some intentional some not) but that is the way life is.

The trick is you can blame whoever you want and be pissed off all the time or your can just suck it up and do the best you can with what you have.

Life is too short...

SWA didn't kill ATA. That was done by your management and the decisions that they made. Which would you rather have...some of your brothers with a job or all our your brothers without a job?

Like I said if you don't like your job quit and find another one. keep trying, cuz eventually you might find one you like. ;)

Last edited:

If you don't like your job stop blaming others and go get a new one....

:rolleyes:

Well, a lot of the tried to go to SWA with their bull$hit "preferential interview".....how many were hired? Two ATA pilots?

The trick is you can blame whoever you want and be pissed off all the time or your can just suck it up and do the best you can with what you have.
I guess you have a pre-conceived thought process regarding this issue. If you re-read my post you will see that I have said that NO one is blaming anyone for ATA's blight. If there is bitching it is kept in house just to let off steam.

SWA didn't kill ATA.
True statment. ATA is smaller but we are still fllying and actually making money and for the record SWA didn't save ATA. ATA sold some assets to SWA at bargain basement prices. The codeshare has made SWA at least $50 million (very conservatively) last year while our military charter has actually saved ATA.

For the record, I too have either been furloughed or had my airline quit me many times as well. I just happen to like my job at ATA and wouldn't even consider going to any other airline.

Last edited:
Pick up a paper Kelly. You know thats not true.

A few other LCCs are infact delaying orders.

Lowecur,
Stop trying to make drama about our negotiations. Its just not that big of an issue, and had absolutly no impact on our record breaking Q2, our extremely disappointing Q3, and will not impact the '06 year end.

Megadeth,
What the hell are you talking about?

Well, a lot of the tried to go to SWA with their bull$hit "preferential interview".....how many were hired? Two ATA pilots?

Shut up. You have NO idea how many were hired. I have personally helped quite a few ATA pilots get hired here and I meet many more ex-ATA pilots that are SWA now all the time.

Lowecur, Megadeth and The_Russian on one thread. All we need is Instructordude and we have the 4 posters of the Apocalypse.

Lowecur, Megadeth and The_Russian on one thread. All we need is Instructordude and we have the 4 posters of the Apocalypse.

We just wanted to have a party with you guys. We wanted to celebrate SWA's "Lowering of the Bar".

Thanks guys for the great party. Now its over.

Latest resources

Back