• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest cleared for 14 slots at LaGuardia

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe some of the regional jet Capts that are now FO's at SWA can show the LUV CA's how to operate out of LGA....

Remember when SWA first started flying the NE corridor back in the day!

Sorry couldn't resist!! :)

I do remember, I would jumpseat on USAir and they would let me know how within a year they would run us out of BWI with our tail between our legs. This was all the time not just one time and from alot of different groups at USAir. We had about 30 flts a day out of BWI they had almost 300

Last edited:
I do remember, I would jumpseat on USAir and they would let me know how within a year they would run us out of BWI with our tail between our legs. This was all the time not just one time and from alot of different groups at USAir. We had about 30 flts a day out of BWI they had almost 300

Dude...easy on the criticisms. Please don't make SWA the personification of "pride goeth before a great fall". This is my third airline and I want it to be the last one.I'm sure all the stuff people said in the past would surely be taken back today,so PLEASE....just let it go.

Wow.... I didn't think it would be that quick for some insecure SWA guy to get offended even though I ensured it was said in fun....

Anyway....

The joke or fun was about your collective groups piloting skills from flying the Texas Plains to the NE corridor... not the true brilliance of your managements marketing and business plan. Fact is SWA has a brilliant Corporate Leadership and the pilots, as "boots on the ground" help execute that plan...

The stories when you first hit the NE corridors with your "direct request" after you checked in, were quickly tempered....with greater block times (?) it is all good though...

Sorry LUV guys...nothing on you.... :beer:

Maybe some of the regional jet Capts that are now FO's at SWA can show the LUV CA's how to operate out of LGA....

Remember when SWA first started flying the NE corridor back in the day!

Sorry couldn't resist!! :)

Because we all know how hard it is to fly the NE corridor? Give me a break! Sounds like your company got a wealth of information and piloting skills when they hired you?

Some flying is more difficult than others. We all know that flying to Mexico and Canada is pretty easy...but still above the skill level of some pilots.

Does anyone know the timeframe of this flying starting? I thought I read someone that Airtran has the slots leased until the end of 2009.

Latest resources

Back