• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest changing it's "stance" in ATL. HMMMMMM

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2 hrs or less in a plane works perfect for me! Where I go? who cares. I find things to do wherever I may end up.

Haha.

You can even feel the arrogance oozing out from underneath Double Breast Blazer. Just makes you look even more neurotic.

Keep talking Gen, it only gets better.

Arrogance? How about DIFFERENCE? You can't stand it. You guys offer very productive trips, no doubt about it. Some people, want to take a nap for 3 hours (while being paid) and eating a sundae on the way to a nice city for a 24 hour layover, that is worth about the same as one of your 10 leg 2 day trips. Arrogance? No, the truth.

Bye Bye---General Lee

2 hrs or less in a plane works perfect for me! Where I go? who cares. I find things to do wherever I may end up.

You don't care? WHAT??? And you will find something to do..... Do you sing the line from that Metallica song "Where ever I may ROAM.....YEAH! Where ever I may wander, wander......where ever I may ROAM!!" And you only want to be in a plane for 2 hours or LESS? So, you will do 10 legs to equal the same amount of time that I go 2 legs to Venice and back from ATL.....OHHHHHH-kay. But, I get to go to Venice and eat REAL pizza at St Marks Square.(aka Piazza San Marco) You can eat Dominos at the airport Marriot in Buffalo.... But.... You don't care... Good for you bud, good for you. Keep doing that.

Honestly, if you don't really care where you go, you may be burned out, and 20 leg 4 day trips can do that to you. But if you enjoy that, good for you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
You don't care? WHAT??? And you will find something to do..... Do you sing the line from that Metallica song "Where ever I may ROAM.....YEAH! Where ever I may wander, wander......where ever I may ROAM!!" And you only want to be in a plane for 2 hours or LESS? So, you will do 10 legs to equal the same amount of time that I go 2 legs to Venice and back from ATL.....OHHHHHH-kay. But, I get to go to Venice and eat REAL pizza at St Marks Square.(aka Piazza San Marco) You can eat Dominos at the airport Marriot in Buffalo.... But.... You don't care... Good for you bud, good for you. Keep doing that.

Honestly, if you don't really care where you go, you may be burned out, and 20 leg 4 day trips can do that to you. But if you enjoy that, good for you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General, what you fail to realize is that I had the opportunity to go into a larger plane that flies world-wide at my present comp (I've flown to Europe, Africa, and South America at my former company...amazing huh?!?!). I have no desire for that again. Why can't you see it thru your thick skull that some people just don't want to fly long periods of time, back side of the clock? Seriously, why is this so hard for you to comprehend? You must be compensating for some shortfall in your life. Anyway, enjoy your pizza from Italy... I prefer my NY pizza, non-chain crap!

General, what you fail to realize is that I had the opportunity to go into a larger plane that flies world-wide at my present comp (I've flown to Europe, Africa, and South America at my former company...amazing huh?!?!). I have no desire for that again. Why can't you see it thru your thick skull that some people just don't want to fly long periods of time, back side of the clock? Seriously, why is this so hard for you to comprehend? You must be compensating for some shortfall in your life. Anyway, enjoy your pizza from Italy... I prefer my NY pizza, non-chain crap!

Well..........you have the CHOICE to go to a bigger plane, and if you don't, well, that is your choice. That's better than not having a choice. If you previously flew to places like Africa and South America, it may have been an ACMI cargo carrier (?), and that's not exactly like a legacy. Have fun.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Arrogance? How about DIFFERENCE? You can't stand it. You guys offer very productive trips, no doubt about it. Some people, want to take a nap for 3 hours (while being paid) and eating a sundae on the way to a nice city for a 24 hour layover, that is worth about the same as one of your 10 leg 2 day trips. Arrogance? No, the truth.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You realize that you can't make that widebody envy argument without pissing on the thousands of dalpa pilots who don't fly widebodies?
Our domestic pairings are way better than delta's domestic pairings on average. - so if you piss on us for not having 3 hour naps, and 24 hour layovers, what does that say about how you feel about your own domestic fleet and pilots?

Bye Bye---General Lee

To some of us, it's about WHO you're with, a lot more than WHERE you are.
I'll take midland with a great crew, over FLL with slam clicker grumps any day.
Especially on the job-
Again, GL, we get that you like your gig-
Good.
But it's not for everyone, just like swa's not for everyone-
For me, once I realized I liked domestic short trips, and being home often, same time zone, SWA was the spot to go. - that's not everybody's ideal. Doesn't have to be. Get it?

I like to fly. I like the 9 leg 3 day with steady sleep patterns. That gives me 1 or 2 landings a day, occasionally 3. But I like to fly. I like the terminal area-
I also came up flying a lot harder schedules, so I find it crazy ridiculous imagining how two major airline pilots at good companies debating who's job is better must look like to the 24 year old version of me slugging it out 7 legs a day in 1900's in an east coast weather system.
That guys is calling me a pu$$y for engaging you at all.

But keep on doing you GL, since we all know you will, and keep chasing that carrot. Or f^cking that chicken. however you want to term it. Maybe one day you'll even be a widebody captain(!) wow...

To the rest- don't get widebody envy. It's incredibly damaging to the profession.

Respect all flyers making their living with an airplane. ALL has its challenges, and every last job flying in aviation has earned respect.

Well..........you have the CHOICE to go to a bigger plane, and if you don't, well, that is your choice. That's better than not having a choice. If you previously flew to places like Africa and South America, it may have been an ACMI cargo carrier (?), and that's not exactly like a legacy. Have fun.

Bye Bye---General Lee

So again GL, this is fun. You discredit everybody who has done your type of flying. Regional "international" doesnt count if you dont .,, cross an ocean. ACMI doesn't count. Legacy doesn't count if you're junior.
So it really only counts if you're a line holder at a legacy, senior enough to hold nice city layovers-, is that it?

How is that NOT the rat race?

Wonder why dalpa tends to sell out: maybe bc no experience counts unless you're relatively senior on a widebody.

General, actually...stop f^cking" the chicken. You've f^cked it to death. It clucks no longer man.

Last edited:
I like to fly. I like the 9 leg 3 day with steady sleep patterns. That gives me 1 or 2 landings a day, occasionally 3. But I like to fly. I like the terminal area-
Way too much work.
I'll take the 2 day JFK-LAX if I can't do international.
1 leg out, one leg back.
Every time you take off/land you're increasing your odds for something to go wrong. And the way you guys taxi, those are pretty bad odds.

Latest resources

Back