Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest, AirTran Brothers and Sisters!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA would work just fine in the kind of environment that you have at SWA. It would prosper, in fact. There just haven't been opportunities for that sort of relationship with managements at other carriers. SWA is one-of-a-kind in that regard.

PCL,

That is pretty funny. You guys aren't even on property and you are p!issing off our management.

ALPA has lined their own pockets while this career has gone downhill in everyway at every ALPA carrier.

St. Nic

You will learn soon enough ALPA is nothing more than a puppet master. They don't care about any AT pilot and will try and throw you all under the bus if it means more dues money by getting the SW pilots in the union. That's how they work. Look how ALPA tried to throw my pilot group under the bus- we got a new union and love living free ever since!
I can say with almost near certainty that ALPA will not be the pilot union at SWA when this is all said and done.

As a trannie just be careful because the SW pilots can be vicous- look at ATA and Morris Air!
The SWA pilots had no say in what happened to the ATA guys. Unless you are talking about the fact that SWAPA pressed the company to make sure the ATA guys got preferential interviewing (front of the line) SWA didn't take the pilots. They waited for the fire sale and got it. Something that could happen again.

Morris. As far as I'm concerned those guys/gals made out like bandits. More than half didn't meet the hiring requirements yet they were all brought on the property and typed in training. Plus the majority upgraded at around five years or better and I don't think you'll find a one that will say it wasn't the best thing that ever happened to their career.

That is pretty funny. You guys aren't even on property and you are p!issing off our management.

true...who cares about the Pilots...don't piss off management.

The SWA pilots had no say in what happened to the ATA guys. Unless you are talking about the fact that SWAPA pressed the company to make sure the ATA guys got preferential interviewing (front of the line) SWA didn't take the pilots. They waited for the fire sale and got it. Something that could happen again.

Morris. As far as I'm concerned those guys/gals made out like bandits. More than half didn't meet the hiring requirements yet they were all brought on the property and typed in training. Plus the majority upgraded at around five years or better and I don't think you'll find a one that will say it wasn't the best thing that ever happened to their career.

True...

ALPA would work just fine in the kind of environment that you have at SWA. It would prosper, in fact..

PCL,

I don't know a single pilot at AirTran who would even consider ALPA at SWA. I'm sure there are a few who join you at the dog bowl in the morning.

Think very carefully about these comments. You will find an extremely low tolerance amongst AirTran pilots for this type of discussion. We've seen what ALPA produces. It's not pretty.

You already have a credibility problem and an approval rating that makes Osama look good. This doesn't help. If you'd like to resign then you are welcome to present this topic to our pilots in the crew room. I'll bring the field dressings ;)

Last edited:

How could more than half the Morris pilots not have the SWA requirements ? Did they just have mostly FO s and a hand full of captains. I have heard several Morris pilots say it will be nice to have another red headed step child on the property. :)

Last edited:
PCL,

How about you PM me. We can talk about how all my four digit brothers and family will feel about ALPA on property.

How about you PM me. We can talk about how all my four digit brothers and family will feel about ALPA on property.

I know a bunch of 5 digits guys/gals that don't want ALPA on property.

Oh, by the way Air Tran dudes will be 6 digit numbers! Welcome. Soon we will be at 100,000.

Are AT pilots ready to be that same level of positive??

AirTran pilots have historically been very positive. I haven't even worked here for too many years, but even when I was hired there was a much different environment. Management hadn't started the gross abuses of the pilots yet, and guys were happy to come to work and enjoyed working here. When the attitude of management changes, I'm sure everyone here will be right back to enjoying our jobs just like we used to. You have nothing to worry about in that regard. AirTran pilots will fit in quite well at SWA.

Are you guys actually having civil discussion?

It is possible, even on flightinfo. :)

PCL,

ALPA has lined their own pockets while this career has gone downhill in everyway at every ALPA carrier.

We aren't attacking your union, so we do you feel the need to attack ours? Seems pretty childish.

I don't know a single pilot at AirTran who would even consider ALPA at SWA.

Three years ago, there wasn't a single pilot at AirTran that would have considered ALPA here. That obviously changed pretty quickly, and we elected ALPA by nearly 90%. That may happen someday at SWA, or it may not. I hope to see the day where every pilot in North America is represented by a single union, no matter what that union may be called. It's the only way that we'll ever achieve maximum leverage to improve our profession.

PCL

Alpa suck and have hung many out to dry. They have there own agenda and will do anything to anyone to accomplish there mission.

Ask and EAL pilot how they sold them a bag of goods.

Recap..... ALPA sucks

PCL,

I'm sorry you see it as an attack. Many former ALPA members see it as a statement of fact.

ALPA has already done enough damage to my career, now you guys are on the prowl again - sending your MEC to SLI meetings and writing angry, immature letters to our management ...

Latest resources

Back