Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest, AirTran Brothers and Sisters!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sorry you see it as an attack. Many former ALPA members see it as a statement of fact.

You may consider them to be "statements of fact," but they are divisive and unnecessary. I haven't seen anyone from AirTran attacking SWAPA here, and I hope it stays that way. Anything less would be completely inappropriate during this process.

ALPA has already done enough damage to my career, now you guys are on the prowl again - sending your MEC to SLI meetings and writing angry, immature letters to our management ...

SLI meetings? None have even taken place yet. And when they do, no one from the MEC will be there. Only the Merger Committee will attend. As far as "angry, immature letters," I would wager that you've never even seen the letters that ATN ALPA has sent to SWA management. If you had, you'd know that your statements are complete mischaracterizations.

You're right about one thing:

The letter I was referencing was from your president to your pilots ...

Last edited:
How could more than half the Morris pilots not have the SWA requirements ? Did they just have mostly FO s and a hand full of captains. I have heard several Morris pilots say it will be nice to have another red headed step child on the property. :)

Here is how SWA treated the Morris pilots....

Defendants contend that the term "endtailing" is not completely accurate, since all Morris pilots received a January 1, 1994 seniority date and Southwest seniority began accruing from that date even though the pilots continued to fly for Morris for varying periods after the merger. Consequently, as Morris pilots were later transferred to Southwest, they occupied a better position on the seniority list than pilots hired by Southwest after January 1, 1994.
Dennis in Chicago

How could more than half the Morris pilots not have the SWA requirements ? Did they just have mostly FO s and a hand full of captains. I have heard several Morris pilots say it will be nice to have another red headed step child on the property. :)

OOHHHHHH! But I am bald. I will be the bald headed step child.

PCL

Ask and EAL pilot how they sold them a bag of goods.

I know the response one would get, and it ain't pretty...at all. Think lots of swearing and possible heart attack symptoms. The T-dub guys seem happy though. :angryfire

Wish this forum would allow embedding videos ...

Lear, is there any chance?

My understanding is that embedded videos eat the bandwidth and that's why those and embedded images aren't allowed. Admittedly, my understanding is a little limited in that I haven't done anything computer-oriented beyond basic web editing in years, but that was the explanation that I was given once upon a time.

Sorry... I'd actually enjoy being able to embed pictures as well. :(

Latest resources

Back