Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines to revamp its interiors (and add six seats)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...and why is it that I can remember this stuff from a decade ago like an elephant but I can't go to dinner for an hour and remember my hotel room number when I come back?
I believe the reason is ALCOHOL "...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems" Quote attributed to Homer Simpson

10+ years ago at the Airtran interview JN was giving the interview group a company overview as the first part of the interview. She kept making statements about "growth" but the information we had at the time showed the DC-9's being replaced 1 for 1 by the 717.

Of course as pilots and potential new hires a huge issue is "growth" when your going to be at the bottom - especially pre 9-11 when age 60 was still 8+ years off. Needless to say every time JN mentioned the "g" word I could see several interviewees shooting glances at each other while trying to maintain their/our best interview etiquette.

Finally an ACA guy piped up and asked about this "growth". The response was that the "growth" was due to the 717 having 5 (cant' remember the exact number) more seats than the DC-9.

I can still remember the look on the CC Air guys face sitting across the table from me after that answer was given.

Looking back now I see that eating that small amount of corp. BS pales in comparison to the larger and steamier piles of corp. poop I (and the rest of us) have had to swallow in the 10+ years since. Eat up boys.

...and why is it that I can remember this stuff from a decade ago like an elephant but I can't go to dinner for an hour and remember my hotel room number when I come back?

What ever happened to Jill?

Latest resources

Back