• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hear the furlough talk is really heating up. My buddy said last time he was in Dallas giving checkrides they talked like it's just a matter of time.

BURP!

Excuse me.....

Hey that burp had more content in it than most of clowns posts!

I believe forloughs are in the making if we tell the company to stuff the codeshare. You can also kiss a payraise goodbye too.

My thinking is the company will throw in some money to the senior dudes in the form of extra vacation days, a COLA pay raise but will require code share language and probably a slight decrease in year 2-5 FO pay but an increase in years FO 6-12 pay. If we don't play and the economy is still in the pits then hello forloughs.

I believe forloughs are in the making if we tell the company to stuff the codeshare. You can also kiss a payraise goodbye too.

My thinking is the company will throw in some money to the senior dudes in the form of extra vacation days, a COLA pay raise but will require code share language and probably a slight decrease in year 2-5 FO pay but an increase in years FO 6-12 pay. If we don't play and the economy is still in the pits then hello forloughs.

That makes a lot of sense ! finally some one who gets how bad things are !

I'm pretty positive about our future but the codeshare deal could get real ugly. Interesting times ahead.

Honestly, what do you guys think will happen first: A new hire class or furloughs?

Forloughs and new hire classes will start simultaneously. The only new hire classes will be for Mesa pilots flying our California two step routes. This of course will be approved by our union and membership by a close vote because drum roll............................. the senior guys get a pay raise and some extra vacation.

Seriously though, I wouldn't bet on either.

Well "bro"( I LUV you but here's some tough love) you'd better prepare yourself cause I'm voting no on codeshare alone. It's the difference between furloughing some of us or eventually furoloughing ALL of us.

Gup

How much lead time does SWA give you guys before they start furloughs? If they were going to furlough in Feb, would they have to let you know by now?

TC I think you have your head so far up your a$$ that you need a window in your belly to see where you are going. You give military guys a bad wrap. Please find a sight for dancing with the idiots and post there. Yours truly
Murf

Latest resources

Back