• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines post good 2nd qtr numbers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They just shifted the debt to unfunded Pension obligation. It will only affect the formed northwest pilots so I know you are not sweating it.

So wait, they haven't paid down almost $8 billion in debt over 5 years(08-13)??? It's all made up? Riiiight. The pension obligation is like a mortgage, with payments paid out over time, as people retire. The other debt is like a credit card bill, that actually will have $500 million less in interest payment per year when it does get down to $10 billion next year. Maybe that extra money will be used to buy more of your planes, like the deferred 30 738s? You never know.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
No, they're probably using your pension $ to buy big RJs that you're too cool to fly.
Think that's it, Gen??

Is that what you tell your former northwest captains. Don't worry, I go mine and we will just screw you to make it all better. Of course you can accelerate payment on one bill when you stop paying another.

Is that what you tell your former northwest captains. Don't worry, I go mine and we will just screw you to make it all better. Of course you can accelerate payment on one bill when you stop paying another.

I think you could easily be an airline CFO, or a lav dumper. You'd probably be a better lav dumper, though. You're full of it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

No, they're probably using your pension $ to buy big RJs that you're too cool to fly.
Think that's it, Gen??

Nah, we'll be too busy flying your 717s. And yeah, I think that's it. The deal we got was good, it will get rid of twice as many RJs than will be added, and then add your 717s. Thanks so much. Read this again before adding your nonsense please.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Nah, we'll be too busy flying your 717s. And yeah, I think that's it. The deal we got was good, it will get rid of twice as many RJs than will be added, and then add your 717s. Thanks so much. Read this again before adding your nonsense please.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Looks we are both winners then. We buy one airline at a major international airport and the other carrier is paying us millions a month. Aint bad.

I think after all is said and done and we pay down AT's debt, synergies kick in we will all be winners. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back