• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

se1776

splash 8
Job InformationDate Posted: 3/10/2011
Company:Southwest AirlinesPosition:Pilot - First OfficerPosition Type:Flight CrewLocation:T.B.A - Please Select -Salary:N/A
Description:Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers. Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company. Accurately reads and applies weather and NOTAM information as it relates to the flight, thoroughly understands and operates aircraft systems, maintains and utilizes a thorough understanding of aircraft procedures, Company procedures and limitations. Performs inspection of exterior and interior of aircraft before flight. Prior to flight, accomplishes takeoff and landing computations and completes checklists. Flies the aircraft as the Pilot at the controls and performs the duties of Co-Pilot, including operation of navigation and communication equipment. Operates the aircraft in all types of weather, utilizing detailed instrument approaches and landing in a variety of conditions, to include, but not limited to low visibility, high cross winds and on wet or icy runways. Provides Customers with timely and pertinent information to keep them informed of departure and arrival times, weather and flight conditions. Works in a highly organized environment, which demands close coordination and teamwork with the Captain. Works with Flight Attendants to coordinate aircraft climate control, and assists in assuring Customer satisfaction. Performs as Captain should the Captain become incapacitated during flight and unable to assume command. Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description. May perform other job duties as directed by Employees Leaders. Minimum Requirements BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986. EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited four-year college preferred. EXPERIENCE: 2500 hours total flight time, including 1000 hours of turbine Pilot in Command time or 1500 hours total Turbine experience, including 1000 hours turbine Pilot in Command time. Only fixed wing flight time will be considered. Preferably recent experience should include actively flying for 2 of the last 5 years. LICENSING/CERTIFICATION: U.S. FAA Airline Transport Pilot with B-737 Type rating - not required for interview, but required for employment. Must possess a valid United States Drivers License. PHYSICAL ABILITIES: Must possess current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate and be able to pass Company physical examination. Must be able to lift and move 40 lbs. OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Must be at least 23 years of age at the time of hire. Must be able to read documents, follow instructions, listen, comprehend and repeat detailed lengthy instructions, and understand and retain procedures, rules and regulations. Must successfully complete initial and recurrent training programs, proficiency checks, and evaluation period. Must be aware of hazardous situations and be able to handle emergencies as needed. Must be alert to moving equipment on the ramp and other aircraft in the air. Must work under tight time constraints to accomplish quick (15 to 20 minute) turns of aircraft. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate information verbally, face to face, over public address systems, via radio, and other communication equipment. Must be able to comply with company attendance standards and work rules, as described in labor agreements and/or established guidelines. Ability to work well with others as part of a team, meet the public and work under stressful situations. Ability to work rotating shifts, and or overtime and travel on a constant basis. Must maintain a well-groomed appearance. Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Contact Information
Contact Name:App deadline: 3/24/11Phone:N/AFax:N/AEmail:Apply via www.swajobs.com

Are you READY?.......I said..... ARE..... YOU...... READY????, To those who apply and land jobs as new SWA F/O's, may the force be with you.

I'm a little confused. Do you have to have the type before you start training?? I mean, what if they wanted you to start in a month and you couldn't get the type in time?? what then??

I'm a little confused. Do you have to have the type before you start training?? I mean, what if they wanted you to start in a month and you couldn't get the type in time?? what then??

If it were me I'd get it in time. Otherwise, their only option would be to push your class date back and if there were only a certain amount of classes.Well, you get the pic?

I'm not usually a glass half empty type, but damn...the odds suck. And it's getting rather exhausting.

I've got a better shot to fly the shuttle's last flight.

Latest resources

Back