Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines' Executive Chairman Herb Kelleher Testifies at Senate Subcommittee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Love isn't a dump located in a ghetto? Have you been there? There is more trailer trash within 2 miles of Love than in the entire state of West Virginia. And that is saying something.

I could really care less if they keep that s-hole open or not. Southwest is free to travel anywhere they like from DFW.

You Southwest boys sure do whine alot.

furloughed dude said:
You Southwest boys sure do whine alot.

And what do you think your posts sound like? BTW we like trailer folks, many of us have been there, so we know that money doesn't equal class. Besides their money is just as green as anyone else's, and they have a right to fly too.

I was impressed with the hearings. They did a good job at keeping everything on track and although I didn't hear Kelleher's comments, they seemed very interesting. He is such a charismatic person. I didn't know that SWA accounted for 97% of all Love Field air traffic! No wonder they're fighting for repeal.

Senator Granger made a good point when she stated that SWA has the option of flying anywhere out of DFW. It doesn't seem like SWA is in such a financially precarious situation that moving flights over to DFW would hurt it.

Hamburgler said:
I didn't know that SWA accounted for 97% of all Love Field air traffic!

It is more due to the Wright Amendment. No one else wants to fly out of an airport that is so regulated, hence the 97% of all traffic.

ivauir said:
And what do you think your posts sound like? BTW we like trailer folks, many of us have been there, so we know that money doesn't equal class. Besides their money is just as green as anyone else's, and they have a right to fly too.

wow that's interesting. I didn't know that many former swa pilots were "trailer folks."

wow that's interesting. I didn't know that many former swa pilots were "trailer folks."Today 13:06

If you came up through a small commuter airline (like many of us did), you probably did some time in a trailer. BFD.

Green said:
wow that's interesting. I didn't know that many former swa pilots were "trailer folks."

There is only a few ways to get all that $$money$$ home on the 5th & 20th of each month. Many guys bring their trailers to accomplish the job. Thus, the comment.:D

SWA/FO said:
There is only a few ways to get all that $$money$$ home on the 5th & 20th of each month. Many guys bring their trailers to accomplish the job. Thus, the comment.:D

Thats going to go over big.:pimp:

Yep....I was thinking the same thing.

Green said:

Just like anywhere else, plenty of folks here have humble origins. I don't think there is anything wrong wth admiting that. Mabe you think everyone at your airline went to Yale, but I bet there are plenty of people who know what the inside of a double wide looks like.

Latest resources

Back