Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines Co. Net Income $131 Million for 4th Qtr.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
$240,000 profit with each airplane.
Is that good?

That's an interesting way of looking at profits. I'm surprised I haven't heard that perspective used before. By any chance is there a list of the different airlines broke down that way or did you just do the math?

Alaska made over one million in profit per airplane for 2009...they have made 1.9 million per airplane for 2010 without their 4q results..

Im sorry guys, if anyone at SWA does not mind a US/AWA scenario they may not fully understand the negative affects on your careers. A split company goes against the culture that has made SW so successful. From an economic side it would be potential long term suicide. A strong Delta and new United will take advantage off any weakness. A US/AW scenario is a huge weakness. Pilots often stupidly shoot themselves in the foot.

Im sorry guys, if anyone at SWA does not mind a US/AWA scenario they may not fully understand the negative affects on your careers. A split company goes against the culture that has made SW so successful. From an economic side it would be potential long term suicide. A strong Delta and new United will take advantage off any weakness. A US/AW scenario is a huge weakness. Pilots often stupidly shoot themselves in the foot.

the culture died the second this "merger" was announced. we dont care about how happy anyone is anymore.

the culture died the second this "merger" was announced. we dont care about how happy anyone is anymore.

I don't think that's true at all. I think care needs to be taken to preserve it as the integration proceeds, but nothing has physically changed in the company to cause it to die. The culture is largely a mindset and if you choose to let it die, it will.

It seems that some have already decided this is going to be a bad thing before they've even given it a chance to work. I hope the vocal minority don't screw this up for the rest of us that think it has a chance to be a good thing for SWA.

Talk about thread creep....simple funnyman. It really is up to the aai pilots. How bad do you want to be represented by swapa? I don't think the majority of the swa pilots will be too concerned about a us airways type scenario. They keep what they have, you keep what you have. Isn't that how it is already? Why should that concern the swa pilots? They have too much to lose, you have too much to gain. Do you think swa would give that much power to aai? I think not. It's called leverage, and swapa has it.

Sorry, that's not how it will work. How bad do you want the famous "SWA CULTURE" to stick around? Sounds like you don't want it at all. Get over your cocky self and move for a joint contract first, and then the SLI. If you don't, you WILL BE THE NEXT USAIR. Enjoy. And, WALL ST is incharge, not you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Sorry, that's not how it will work. How bad do you want the famous "SWA CULTURE" to stick around? Sounds like you don't want it at all. Get over your cocky self and move for a joint contract first, and then the SLI. If you don't, you WILL BE THE NEXT USAIR. Enjoy. And, WALL ST is incharge, not you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

He's not a Southwest pilot...just an outsider with his face pressed to the glass.

Latest resources

Back