Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines Co. Net Income $131 Million for 4th Qtr.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In a word ... yearly.

If memory serves, we announce the profit sharing in March for the previous year and the payout is made in September.

When will the AT joint contract happen? When will those guys start making the same amount as their counterparts at SWA? You gotta do that before that SLI, or else get a USAir type merger.......

Great news on the profit guys!

Bye Bye--General Lee

The Transition Agreement is under construction. The SLI's protocol is being worked on simultaneously.

SWA Management sees significant economies of scale which can be gained via the acquisition immediately. Front and center is the issue of scope relief to take advantage(s) of perceived values before the SLI and Transition Agreements are completed.

While I have no details as to the value the company sees from scope relief, it is rumored to be substantial.

As to your other comment that we have to equalize the pay before we proceed with an SLI, I can tell you that has been discussed in great detail and the opinions vary in direct proportion to how much skin a SWA pilot has in the game.

It's no secret that tensions are high and I pray this SLI goes well.

It is a good thing that this forum offers some degree of anonymity, because some of the opinions offered on this and other forums are extreme.

Unfortunately, from what I've heard, there will not be a joint contract. SLI will be done first. Then, at some point, Airtran will be represented by SWAPA. I also believe that this does put us in danger of a Usair/Awa situation. Yeah im Airtran, so of course I would want the pay sooner. If the unions decide to operate us separately for an extended time and delay the integration it could hurt both sides. An airline cant grow and the synergies that Gary Kelly mentions cannot be achieve without a quick integration. UsAirways has not grown 1% in 5 years due to the complications of the integration. Delta/NWA did it right....joint contract then SLI. I commute on USairways and that is what many of their pilots say. I hope for the best. I do believe that the SLI should have no negative affect on a SW pilot. At the same time there are many ways to integrate the lists while still giving AAI guys a fair integration.

Last edited:
Talk about thread creep....simple funnyman. It really is up to the aai pilots. How bad do you want to be represented by swapa? I don't think the majority of the swa pilots will be too concerned about a us airways type scenario. They keep what they have, you keep what you have. Isn't that how it is already? Why should that concern the swa pilots? They have too much to lose, you have too much to gain. Do you think swa would give that much power to aai? I think not. It's called leverage, and swapa has it.

Last edited:
The Transition Agreement is under construction. The SLI's protocol is being worked on simultaneously.

SWA Management sees significant economies of scale which can be gained via the acquisition immediately. Front and center is the issue of scope relief to take advantage(s) of perceived values before the SLI and Transition Agreements are completed.

While I have no details as to the value the company sees from scope relief, it is rumored to be substantial.

As to your other comment that we have to equalize the pay before we proceed with an SLI, I can tell you that has been discussed in great detail and the opinions vary in direct proportion to how much skin a SWA pilot has in the game.

It's no secret that tensions are high and I pray this SLI goes well.

It is a good thing that this forum offers some degree of anonymity, because some of the opinions offered on this and other forums are extreme.

The question is how long will the relief last. We fought hard to get section one as tight as we have. So we make money and grow the SWA side? How would the AT pilots feel? After we grow the SWA substantially then we integrate list and put them under our rates and contract, but will SWAPA represent them after the purchase? So much BS. I hope that this goes well for all.

Latest resources

Back