Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airline pilot arrested! Drunk in cockpit!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Philerup said:
If your Captain showed up drunk in the hotel lobby. Would you tell them then that you thought they were drunk, or wait until in the cockpit and then call the cops on them.

I had a Question like that on my Commercial Oral, My answer was to have him/her call in sick or call him/her in sick.

I guess it was the moral character part of the PTS.

Another question was a funny one!

Q: Say your on a over night your captain and you decide to go out to dinner and your captain shows up in a dress? What would you do?

NW_Pilot said:
I had a Question like that on my Commercial Oral, My answer was to have him/her call in sick or call him/her in sick.

I guess it was the moral character part of the PTS.

Another question was a funny one!

Q: Say your on a over night your captain and you decide to go out to dinner and your captain shows up in a dress? What would you do?

Hhahahah how did you answer it ??? I'd probably tell him that his legs looked bad in that dress and to maybe try some lycra legins lol.

Is it just a question to see how accepting of others you are ???

skiandsurf said:
I understand what you are saying and I agree with it. But you cant go around accusing people of an "up coming crime". Why not stand in front of a gun shop, and when a gun buyer comes out tell him you want to stop him from killing someone before he actually does. You will probably get your ars kicked. Believe me, I am one of the cops (and TSAs) biggest critics, but you cant go accusing people for stuff like that.

That being said, maybe the TSA people could make a statement like, " hope your not planning on flying in that shape". Now, the TSA has not "accused" the pilot of anything, but instead given a verbal warning, and the pilot can get in charge of his future.

You’re talking about 2 totally different things!!!! If you see someone staggering/stumbling out of a bar and cannot possibly drive home that’s time to strike up a friendly conversation and snag some keys or flatten a tire and call the person a cab hell maybe even pay for it and place a note some place so the person will know in the morning what happened! (They will usually be thankful and usually repay the cab fare) But, don’t let them get in the car drive away and call the law that’s being a dick head ************************* rat that doesn’t deserve to suck my air or any other person’s air and is a candidate for retroactive abortion.

aussiefly said:
Hhahahah how did you answer it ??? I'd probably tell him that his legs looked bad in that dress and to maybe try some lycra legins lol.

Is it just a question to see how accepting of others you are ???

I asked is the captian male of female? End of question!

A more important question is 'Do you allow him to lead when ya'll dance?' :pimp:

Can't believe this thread is mostly pilots who've commited vast amounts of time and resources to the profession.

Where is the support for the pilot? Many posts assume guilt immediately.

Perhaps the pilot was guilty -- but where's the 'innocent until proven' part?

Pilots cause many of their own problems with the TSA. But.....the TSA is not manned by the most stable, productive members of society. There is animosity towards crew members present at checkpoints (again, much is caused by crewmembers).

Point is, you have some bad apples in the TSA who'd love to tube a pilot's career and will cry wolf just to 'one-up' a pilot at a checkpoint. At my airline, we've had several accused of alcohol breath by TSA -- and when checked, blew zero.

First -- don't assume the pilot is guilty.

Second -- we need a recourse against TSA to deter the anti-crew mentatlity (ie, sue for false accusation as in libel and slander)

Third -- show TSA folks common respects due other humans. Do you abuse the order-taker at McDonald's?

Fourth -- if a pilot is found guilty, demand he be crucified for blowing the reputation for us all.

Fugawe

There's a lot of whistle blowers in SLC, I worked at ORD for two weeks without a SIDA badge with no issue, but you wouldn't last five minutes on the ramp in SLC without one. There's just too many cops, ops guys, vigilante' airline workers etc. in SLC that don't see a lot of action and are itchin' to bust someone. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy was under the legal limit.

time builder said:
in SLC that don't see a lot of action and are itchin' to bust someone. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy was under the legal limit.

Are you suggeting the fine folks in SLC discriminated against this pilot because he is not a mormon?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back