• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Air CFO:On Track To Meet, Beat '06 Earnings Goal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what time frame do you think it will take for SWA to use ATA as a test bed for international then take over the routes like DEN and RSW?

I imagine our reservation transformation to allow ATA to do long haul stuff for us is just a prelude before we dump them and do it ourselves.

Maybe we'll end up buying their routes or planes or whatever.

2012?

I imagine our reservation transformation to allow ATA to do long haul stuff for us is just a prelude before we dump them and do it ourselves.
Yes sir master, we're proud to be your do#che bag.

Problem is, your'e probably right.

7S3W7A said:

FYI TZ Skipper, statements like this are "stirring the pot!!"

Most likely doesn't even work for SWA but everyone has to have a dream!

RV

I don't think it's stirring the pot, I think it's an accurate representation of what has happened up until now. The only bright side to this is that M-P certainly had an exit strategy lined up before they signed on the dotted line, and a continued cannibilization will not provide much, if any ROI.

ATA For Now! said:
FYI TZ Skipper, statements like this are "stirring the pot!!"

Most likely doesn't even work for SWA but everyone has to have a dream!

RV

I'm not stirring the pot. Simply putting out there the time frame before we go international.

I hate to tell you but your dream of backdooring into SWA with a buyout isn't going to happen. The execs. here like to hire the "right" person for the job and suddenly flooding the company with un-screened unhappy employees isn't their style.

GK is shrewed and it's clear he is and has been using ATA to do free market research to determine profitable routes. We are spending minimal money to obtain more capital by using ATA to determine if MEX and CAN are in the cards. HI won't happen because we would have to spend more on our own aircraft to out fit them with rafts. So you can have HI.

7S3W7A said:
I'm not stirring the pot. Simply putting out there the time frame before we go international.

I hate to tell you but your dream of backdooring into SWA with a buyout isn't going to happen. The execs. here like to hire the "right" person for the job and suddenly flooding the company with un-screened unhappy employees isn't their style.

...... So you can have HI.

Now you're stirring the pot, dickbreath.

7S3W7A said:

Tell that to your own pilots that used to work for Eastern and other failed carriers. One of them posts on this board if I am not mistaken. You don't think they were miserable and unhappy at one time? Does such an experience in a pilots career make them unqualified to work with you? Idiot.

I thought it was determined long ago that this goofball (7S3WA) does not work at SWA. As someone else put it " Please stop feeding the retards"

All because someone is disgrunteled at XYZ airline doens't mean they will be a liability at ABC airline, which is true of some current SWA pilots who may have had a less than enjoyable time at a previous airline. I don't think the majority of SWA pilots have an issue with GK one day including ATA into our system, but before GK stepped across that line I would guess, based on past dealing with him, that a policy for current ATA employees would have to be agreed upon prior to any such action, rather than after. We have history with Morris to say, bottom of the list but protect their pay if it would be less than a first year FO, once SWA pay exceded theirs, in this case ATA pay, then they move over to our pay scale. Any merger of a seniority list, in my opion, would be a no deal with our pilot group and more importantly it would open a door for the former Morris pilots to bring litigation against SWA for seniority. The greatest hurdle would be the 757 intergration, simple fix would be to sell them off, if not you can't expect the SWA guys/gals to take over that flying day one, so something in the interm would have to be done. Either way all the ATA people I have meet have been great and if something does happen and they start flying the barney blue jets then welcome, if not I hope they turn it around.

mdf said:
I thought it was determined long ago that this goofball (7S3WA) does not work at SWA. As someone else put it " Please stop feeding the retards"

Well, 7S3WA doesn't sound any different than some of the "confirmed" SWA pilots on this board.

Latest resources

Back