Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't forget that Delto and Alasko still suck. :laugh:

And the next day......

You guys are real geniuses. You obviously have no comprehension of mark to market accounting. LUV beat analysts' expectations on the top and bottom line and thus the stock is up 5% on an otherwise flat day.
Yeah, the sky is falling.

Oct. 21, 2011, 1:11 p.m. EDT

Southwest sits out rally with 4% decline

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Southwest Airlines Co. shares sat out a rally in the broader market on Friday, dropping 4% to $8.74 a day after the airline said a markdown on its fuel hedges led to a third-quarter loss. The stock on Thursday initially moved higher on the report, which topped Wall Street targets. Raymond James analyst James Parker on Friday reiterated his market perform rating on the stock but trimmed his fourth-quarter earnings outlook due to "higher fuel cost and ex-fuel unit cost assumptions." So far this year, Southwest shares have shed a third of their value.

Bye Bye----General Lee

1978-2011:
LUV Return = 133339%
DAL return = -58%

A companies success depends on matching the product to the market at the right time. SWA has been very successful at above and for that I am grateful.

Crickets from the true believers. The more I read the posts here, the more SWA resembles a cult.

1978-2011:
LUV Return = 133339%
DAL return = -58%

A companies success depends on matching the product to the market at the right time. SWA has been very successful at above and for that I am grateful.

Does that include their stock being declared "worthless" when they enter Chap 11 so they don't have to pay their bills?

Crickets from the true believers. The more I read the posts here, the more SWA resembles a cult.

Fubi,
There aren't "crickets from the true believers"; there’s just no credible arguments from people whom wish harm upon SWA.

As far as your cult comment, what is your definition of a cult? There are generally two widely accepted definitions based on different time periods.

You obviously meant to use it as a derogatory statement which shows your ignorance as that would refer to SWA as being a group who tries to religiously mind control.

More recent articles refer to cults as one who’s beliefs or practices are considered abnormal or bizarre.

Reference to the later definition would define the pilots of SWA: We care for one another, take care of one another and believe what we do every day makes a difference in not only our lives but the lives of our co-workers and customers which ultimately affords me the luxuries of the life I lead.

I find it sad this industry has regressed to a point that outsiders refer to us a “cult” when we exhibits behaviors that only two generations ago was considered “normal”.

You obviously meant to use it as a derogatory statement which shows your ignorance as that would refer to SWA as being a group who tries to religiously mind control.

I would say the insider's fascination with SWA "culture" coupled with the general tone of the posts regarding the SLI here qualify SWA as a cult.

Latest resources

Back