• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Equipment lock will keep you in the airplane. The company has waived it in the past, but that seems to have been a one time deal. Future staffing needs might change that.

That being said, however, I wouldn't recommend attempting a left seat upgrade into steam gauges after having flown glass... Individual results may vary, but I think you'll find it quite difficult. Most people do.

Guess it depends on your background or something. I upgraded to the DC10 from B757 an didnt blink .There were 10 guys in my class 5 757 and 5 320 none had a problem.

good luck upgrading on the 400, we have peeps bidding from the 777 to the 400 that are very senior. the only way we are going to have movement here is growth. maybe it will happen maybe not. heck the first 400 hasn't even shown on property yet!

I have heard that there are folks who have finished 777 training a month or two ago and are still waiting for IOE. Could a new hire expect to a month or two in training then wait another couple of months for IOE on the 777 or -400? That would be a long time to live just on 65 bucks a day.

Interview set for Friday in Miami, Anyone have any updated interview gouge?? What is the pay during training??

good luck upgrading on the 400, we have peeps bidding from the 777 to the 400 that are very senior. the only way we are going to have movement here is growth. maybe it will happen maybe not. heck the first 400 hasn't even shown on property yet!

Can you expand in this? How are people bidding off the 7 and onto the 4 if the 7 hasn't been on property for two years? Isn't the aircraft lock keeping them in seat? How is that possible?
And why do you say there will be no movement without growth? Are guys that happy at SAI that no one wants to leave??!! ;)

Can you expand in this? How are people bidding off the 7 and onto the 4 if the 7 hasn't been on property for two years? Isn't the aircraft lock keeping them in seat? How is that possible?
And why do you say there will be no movement without growth? Are guys that happy at SAI that no one wants to leave??!! ;)

two year lock starts on your 1'st day of ground school it been two years as of nov, also you can see what everyone is biding. i plan on bidding off the 777 in 6 months after the dust settles..... maybe.

no senor guys are leaving ,at this point

Last edited:
Looks like class this coming Monday is all 777. How many are online already? Is it two or three?

Technically 3, as we have one bird flying on a TNT contract, but that's just a CMI operation; we don't own the airplane.

2 more 777's coming online in 2012.

Subject to change.

Latest resources

Back